Sack cocu

dantheram

It is just a really awful position.

We keep him until the takeover is complete & continue playing this dreadful brand of football or we sack him & have a caretaker in charge until the takeover goes through. I think both are poor options, especially if the takeover drags on. If the takeover isn't done by the end of January I can honestly see us going down whoever is in charge, our squad is massively short.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

You are deluded. What good has he done! He is a football manager. He is judged solely on results. I’m not happy about sacking anyone. I’m uninterested if he’s a nice man. Can he do the job. Results say not. He is a shadow of a manager and shows no ability to manage. 

Well, for a start, the “club” is in a much better place now than it is when he took over. The squad is fairly close to being a blank canvas that a new manager can take over and move in whatever direction he so chooses. That hasn’t been the case for years. He has also brought through numerous youth players, think of Bird last season and compare it to a year prior to that (admittedly he has been off it so far this), Knight has established himself as one of the first names on the team sheet, Buchanan has looked stellar this season. People think it is easy to integrate youth players but a manager has to be brave to do it, it’s only recently when he became desperate for results that seems to have been foregone slightly. 

As for your second point, I guess that’s completely within your right. Personally I like having a well admired man in charge who is classy and dignified, much more than having a horrible oik. 

But anyway, I can’t really be bothered to argue with someone who calls me deluded for being able to recognise some positives. Have a nice evening ??

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We could be in deep trouble. Cocu would be gone under normal circumstances. As things appear to be, Mel can't sack him with the takeover in progress. 

Worryingly, the prospective new owners have failed to complete two takeovers which went on for months.

We could be still in this position in a few weeks. It's not going to be pretty if this takeover doesn't happen quickly. 

I keep seeing posts that we can't sack him during the takeover. I understand the thinking but also surely its in both parties interest to get rid ?‍♂️

If the takeover falls through, Mel needs him gone to save us from relegation. The new men will want his own man. The argument will be on who they appoint. If it falls through then who mel would want might be different to the new guys. But surely agree on sacking & giving it daz waz for a game. Unless its now with solicitors & any change might affect the deal. ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

I agree, I don't think it's an effort thing. This malaise comes from coaching, preparation and in-game management.

I am certain players will always give there all when they play.

I think players look lazy/demotivated through frustration when the team isn't operating correctly.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Tonight is the end of the line for me. Absolutely gutted. He’s had the toughest job since Clough. There’s been positives in the youngsters he brought through, the clubs future is bright and he’s played a part in that. But his message (whatever that is) is not getting through. 

Real positives in the last 3 games but they have all been lost tonight. Bizarre to give Buchanan a rest. Awful performance tonight, only not bottom due to Wednesday’s points deduction.

Im confident there is a decent team in there but the players need to hear a new message.

Stupid decision not to play 3 at the back tonight, with wing backs

34 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Can't be defended, but the people revelling in this really can go and duck themselves.

I haven't personally seen anyone revelling in Cocu's misfortune as you put it. I have seen frustrations coming out along the lines of now will you believe me directed at the ostrich's on this forum.

I just feel absolutely gutted.

I wanted this appointment to work so badly. I wanted him to succeed so badly.

But it isn't working. He isn't succeeding. And we are rightfully second bottom in the league and behind Wycombe after 10 games.

I think that's time up. ?

6 minutes ago, Beardmm said:

I’ve been a big advocate of Cocu in so far, but today I may have changed my mind. 

He’s found a system that suits the team and then he changes it to basically accommodate Rooney. 

Up until today we have seen improvement, albeit glacial like in its pace, but we have definitely been better. He’s changed the system and we looked bad again. 

Take Rooney out. Play with a back 3/5 and let Knight and Shinnie run the whole game. Wouldn’t have been as good with Fozzy but would’ve worked ok and better than we managed 

Thought this when I saw the team sheet. And it only adds fuel to the fire that Rooney’s contract insists that he plays regardless. Against Bournemouth, For**t, and Cardiff there were shoots of improvement so why change shape??

I’ve backed him the hilt since he came in, and still hope he can turn it around, but I’ll put it this way, I won’t be upset if Mel finds a couple of million down the back of the sofa to pay him off...

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Tonight is the end of the line for me. Absolutely gutted. He’s had the toughest job since Clough. There’s been positives in the youngsters he brought through, the clubs future is bright and he’s played a part in that. But his message (whatever that is) is not getting through. 

Real positives in the last 3 games but they have all been lost tonight. Bizarre to give Buchanan a rest. Awful performance tonight, only not bottom due to Wednesday’s points deduction.

Im confident there is a decent team in there but the players need to hear a new message.

I agree with the Clough statement. However like Clough I think certainly when it comes to the squad Cocu will leave a pretty good foundation for whoever follows. Despite our poor league position I don’t think we’re desperate for signings, just a manager that can get the best out of who we have. 

1 minute ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

I agree with the Clough statement. However like Clough I think certainly when it comes to the squad Cocu will leave a pretty good foundation for whoever follows. Despite our poor league position I don’t think we’re desperate for signings, just a manager that can get the best out of who we have. 

Agree. They just need to hear a new message

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Course he can sack him. The new owner had probably said that's it now.

Can't see a new manager being appointed until we have an owner though.

If the deals been done, and the new owner gives the nod, then yes. As it’s been reported the EFL are “discussing” it tomorrow, then that isn’t the case yet. When/if the takeover is sorted I expect Cocu to go.

All you people blaming Cocu for this mess do you also not think it’s Mel’s fault for giving out a 4 year contract to a Manager who’s brand of football would never be suited to the Championship or to the Club.

If Mel has also signed off a deal that ensures Mr Rooney plays no matter what even if it upsets the balance of the team then in my eyes the blame lies at Mels feet just as much as Cocu

Football Director needed ASAP takeover or not

No manager can plan against 1 shot for the opponents on target and 1 goal .(2ndhalf)

We looked better in the second half , had some good chances and if Rooneys post shot went it in would have changed everything.

Its not pretty and it’s lot entertaining but when you are scratching around for a win it’s a hard watch.

I like Cocu. His style of play is not suited to the limited quality of our team but with morale and confidence rock bottom we just need a small piece of luck to get a vital win.

Lets hope for a small slice of luck on Saturday as the stats for the 2nd half were good and we really had the lions share of possession and control.

I understand the calls for the managers head but nothing will happen until the take over happens or just fizzles out.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I just feel absolutely gutted.

I wanted this appointment to work so badly. I wanted him to succeed so badly.

But it isn't working. He isn't succeeding. And we are rightfully second bottom in the league and behind Wycombe after 10 games.

I think that's time up. ?

I'm not quite there personally but tonight really made me question him. You can argue that in past few games the performance has largely been there and we deserved more. Tonight.... well it's a good job QPR are crap.

It's not that we lost that does me though. Not even the performance per se but the tactical and selection issues that are repeats of problems you could see coming from a mile away and then a failure to adequately adapt. 

Just now, Jortat said:

No manager can plan against 1 shot for the opponents on target and 1 goal .(2ndhalf)

We looked better in the second half , had some good chances and if Rooneys post shot went it in would have changed everything.

Its not pretty and it’s lot entertaining but when you are scratching around for a win it’s a hard watch.

I like Cocu. His style of play is not suited to the limited quality of our team but with morale and confidence rock bottom we just need a small piece of luck to get a vital win.

Lets hope for a small slice of luck on Saturday as the stats for the 2nd half were good and we really had the lions share of possession and control.

I understand the calls for the managers head but nothing will happen until the take over happens or just fizzles out.

And how many shots did we have on target ??

hardly robbed were we 

cocu is either out of his depth or clearly doesn’t understand the limitations of our squad 

either way of looking at it 

he’s not up to the job 

Archived