Jump to content

Sack cocu


dantheram
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Can't be defended, but the people revelling in this really can go and duck themselves.

Yes, really quite sad how many people are saying “told you so” or antagonising those who have previously had the temerity to support the manager. 

He’s done plenty of good here but it no longer feels like the short term is justifying what we all hope the long term would be. I doubt many people could truly feel confidence in our direction after that.

Ultimately, a man who has dealt with so much poo in such a classy and dignified manager will probably lose his job. Nobody wants to be sacked and so people taking delight in this is just truly weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Surely Mel doesn’t take a hit now though? With take over so close 

You’d hope if it was so close that all it’s waiting on is EFL approval, that the manager situation would be a discussion point between Mel & the new owner. Especially if Mel is to remain as a consultant.

Chuck the compo fee on top of the cost of the club. If we’re actually going to be saying goodbye to Cocu then we’ll already be in discussions with our new manager, there’s no doubt about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I still really like Cocu, I think he’s had so much poo to deal with in his time here, yet he’s never moaned, never broke character, just remained cool & classy like always. He’s given us a lot of positives in terms of development of youth, and has bought into what we’re trying to do here which is why we were so keen to get him on board. He’s also clearly been restricted by finances this season but has still managed to sign a very good group of players. Jozwiak, Byrne, Marshall, Ibe & Bielik will all surely have good spells at this club.

However... how much longer can we wait? Teams around us are picking up wins while we score one and then try and defend for 70 minutes, then change shape and produce a toothless performance where we never really looked like scoring. Our squad is more than capable of being in the top half of this league however clearly that’s not going to happen, and if we wait too long then we could find the hole we’re in too deep to climb out of.

I’ll still like Cocu and hope he goes on to have success elsewhere, however I finally think the time has come for him to move on. 

This is exactly where I’m at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stuck up for Cocu with everything he’s had to deal with but I’m very quickly turning... without Wednesdays point deduction we would be bottom. Absolutely awful with the squad we have. Something needs to change and unfortunately I can’t see it being Cocu’s tactics so he has to go for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am disappointed by the performance tonight, and Cocu on a points totting up basis has to take a fair whack of blame, but boy there were some performances tonight from players on the pitch which was Vauxhall Conference standard in terms of team play. Not too many would have picked a greatly different team tonight, but I don’t remember too many times in the final third when we put four passes together. He was let down massively tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Yes, really quite sad how many people are saying “told you so” or antagonising those who have previously had the temerity to support the manager. 

He’s done plenty of good here but it no longer feels like the short term is justifying what we all hope the long term would be. I doubt many people could truly feel confidence in our direction after that.

Ultimately, a man who has dealt with so much poo in such a classy and dignified manager will probably lose his job. Nobody wants to be sacked and so people taking delight in this is just truly weird.

Some people who have questioned Cocu have been ridiculed to be fair ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am disappointed by the performance tonight, and Cocu on a points totting up basis has to take a fair whack of blame, but boy there were some performances tonight from players on the pitch which was Vauxhall Conference standard in terms of team play. Not too many would have picked a greatly different team tonight, but I don’t remember too many times in the final third when we put four passes together. He was let down massively tonight.

His coaching and tactics has let them down too....they all have responsibility for this shambles but the gaffer takes the most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 If the clubs finances are so tight can we afford to sack him?

Hopefully something can be done so we are able to get shot of him because after that diabolical display I watched tonight, Cocu cannot be allowed to remain as our manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Yes, really quite sad how many people are saying “told you so” or antagonising those who have previously had the temerity to support the manager. 

He’s done plenty of good here but it no longer feels like the short term is justifying what we all hope the long term would be. I doubt many people could truly feel confidence in our direction after that.

Ultimately, a man who has dealt with so much poo in such a classy and dignified manager will probably lose his job. Nobody wants to be sacked and so people taking delight in this is just truly weird.

You are deluded. What good has he done! He is a football manager. He is judged solely on results. I’m not happy about sacking anyone. I’m uninterested if he’s a nice man. Can he do the job. Results say not. He is a shadow of a manager and shows no ability to manage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am disappointed by the performance tonight, and Cocu on a points totting up basis has to take a fair whack of blame, but boy there were some performances tonight from players on the pitch which was Vauxhall Conference standard in terms of team play. Not too many would have picked a greatly different team tonight, but I don’t remember too many times in the final third when we put four passes together. He was let down massively tonight.

Isn't that the essence of the problem though. That's the classic description of a team not playing for their manager. 

Edited by Tyler Durden
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been a big advocate of Cocu in so far, but today I may have changed my mind. 
 

He’s found a system that suits the team and then he changes it to basically accommodate Rooney. 
 

Up until today we have seen improvement, albeit glacial like in its pace, but we have definitely been better. He’s changed the system and we looked bad again. 
 

Take Rooney out. Play with a back 3/5 and let Knight and Shinnie run the whole game. Wouldn’t have been as good with Fozzy but would’ve worked ok and better than we managed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Yes, really quite sad how many people are saying “told you so” or antagonising those who have previously had the temerity to support the manager. 

 

Agreed.

A couple of weeks ago though the boot was on the other foot though

An eye for an eye we all go blind. But pathetic i told you so's aren't exclusive to those who were critical of the manager they feel was not doing a good job for the club they support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You’d hope if it was so close that all it’s waiting on is EFL approval, that the manager situation would be a discussion point between Mel & the new owner. Especially if Mel is to remain as a consultant.

Chuck the compo fee on top of the cost of the club. If we’re actually going to be saying goodbye to Cocu then we’ll already be in discussions with our new manager, there’s no doubt about it.

Pottechino was in London discussing his next job 🤑

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

His coaching and tactics has let them down too....they all have responsibility for this shambles but the gaffer takes the most.

Reminds me of a tennis match. We have been two sets down, we dragged it into a tie break in the final set, only to then fluff it and lose 7-0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.