Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jozwiak, Lawrence and Waghorn should be a potent attack but they don't even look like friends. 

No cohesion between them at all, which doesn't bode well for a team otherwise bereft of goalscorers. 

I'd put a few in from the U23s. 

They might screw up but at least they would try to attack. 

Cocu’s inexperience and nervousness emanates through the team at the moment. We have a wealth of young talent and experience that most sides would kill for. Players are far from faultless but we desperately need a new manager. Think the new manager bounce will see an instant change in fortunes.

The replacement has to have Championship experience though, and please not Rooney!

3 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Why is Mel not swinging his axe, what makes Cocu so special, any other manager would be gone. 

I imagine because any payoff will come out of his pocket and he might be about to sell and any new manager wouldn't come if a takeover might happen and the job might be short lived.  Need to get this sale/ managerial change done asap. 

Cocu on the Radio reeling out the same rubbish, played well second half with the better energy - jesus wept. 

Has to go tonight.

Caretaker manager for the weekend in hope they can rally the team and a much needed 3 points on the board, then get another manager in during the break.

We need a minimum of 44 points from 36 games now to not go down in my opinion. More than double the points per games that we’re averaging at the minute to even finish 4th bottom! 

I still really like Cocu, I think he’s had so much poo to deal with in his time here, yet he’s never moaned, never broke character, just remained cool & classy like always. He’s given us a lot of positives in terms of development of youth, and has bought into what we’re trying to do here which is why we were so keen to get him on board. He’s also clearly been restricted by finances this season but has still managed to sign a very good group of players. Jozwiak, Byrne, Marshall, Ibe & Bielik will all surely have good spells at this club.

However... how much longer can we wait? Teams around us are picking up wins while we score one and then try and defend for 70 minutes, then change shape and produce a toothless performance where we never really looked like scoring. Our squad is more than capable of being in the top half of this league however clearly that’s not going to happen, and if we wait too long then we could find the hole we’re in too deep to climb out of.

I’ll still like Cocu and hope he goes on to have success elsewhere, however I finally think the time has come for him to move on. 

inglTime to go. Football is dreadful, tactically inconsistent . I said it was poor after the Barrow game and got shot down..What we are seeing is consistently inadequate. I think Mr Cocu is a very nice and intelligent person, but he is isn’t going to be successful for us.(in my opinion )

Ultimately any pay off doesn’t come from Mel’s pocket but it saddles the club with around two million (at a guess) of extra debt.

So given we are either in the due diligence stage or a price has already been agreed, the decision will need to come from the new owners.

What will worry Mel is that if he sacks them, adds two million extra debt to the club and then the takeover doesn’t happen.

We need the takeover to happen and quickly!

Archived