How much time do we give Phil?

Chris_Martin

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I must say that in all the decades of watching Derby I have never known a manager being dealt a worse hand with all the events and timings of everything that has been going on whilst having to introduce youngsters and remove high earners.

results count obviously and style of play is important to Derby county supporters but I believe it’s way to early to consider moving him on.

Exactly, he has been given the jobs of cutting wage bills, bringing in more youngsters and making us competitive. Forget the injuries, car crashes, EFL charges, pandemic etc, just the brief is tough for Cocu. He gets my vote, finishing 10th last season was good. I think we will better as the season goes on and some of his new players and injuries get into the team.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RamNut said:

I’m not forgetting anything. I’m simply pointing out - that for whatever reason - he hasn’t had the same backing or opportunity to build his team.

So I can I ask have you not forgotten about the the issues that have surrounded the club and world for that matter.you might find you answer some where in there.

21 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Anyone else worried about @RoyMac5 ?

I disagree with him - a lot, especially regards Cocu - but he hasn't posted today, which is unlike him. 

Seems eerily quiet without him.

Come back @RoyMac5 ?

Lol ? thanks mate, have nipped to Norfolk for a short break. It's needed init. Watching the match atm on red button, bit meh tbh. But they look worst than us...so who knows! #COYR 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol ? thanks mate, have nipped to Norfolk for a short break. It's needed init. Watching the match atm on red button, bit meh tbh. But they look worst than us...so who knows! #COYR 

Hope you have a lovely break.

I'm enjoying the football tonight. Best performance this season, ok not saying much, but good to have Joswiak and Lawrence back. My only fear is that Huddersfield'll nick a goal.

19 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hope you have a lovely break.

I'm enjoying the football tonight. Best performance this season, ok not saying much, but good to have Joswiak and Lawrence back. My only fear is that Huddersfield'll nick a goal.

If only we could actually have a shot on target........ absolutely toothless, 5 at the back vs Huddersfield is a joke. 

Archived