How much time do we give Phil?

Chris_Martin

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Wow.
With all of them back in there will be no room for bird, knight, sibley, and Rooney.

I was just thinking that both Wayne and Bird would probably miss out for me when everyone is fit, play Bielik and Knight as the midfield duo ?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re in this ridiculous dance again, whereby some of the fans want him gone - it won’t be long before more jump of the bandwagon and it’s just a crap situation for everyone associated with the club. At least I don’t have to go to games and listen to it this season. 

I’m quite sure that I will never see a Cocu team in the flesh again, so ultimately what does it matter. You’ll never see me asking for his head though. 

I think he'll get until November. Mel won't sack him until he has no other option. If he loses the next 4 that's it. If we start the next game with the same setup as the previous two with a back 3/5 I'll be very disappointed. I hope it's just for when we play the big teams. If this is our new permanent formation then it means the whole of last season, which was sacrificed in order to learn a new system, will have been for nothing  

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I think the problem is deeper than just needing a goalscoring striker. Even a top striker would struggle in our team. look at tonights game, numerous crosses into the box and the only one there is rooney. Our strikers get no support it was exactly the same when marriott played. 

disagree with you on the recruitment side. think its actually been fairly decent this summer. On paper we have very good players

Personally I think it's unlikely a striker will have any support when the team is effectively set up with 7  defensive minded players on the pitch, a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders...... really?

As mentioned by others, recruitment has big questions again, can only hope and pray that CKR is another Kuqi and it allows the rest of the forward thinking players to play in their half, provided they are on the pitch of course.

I'm almost at the point if not caring, at least not having the horrible drive home after another loss and a whole evening or Saturday wasted again, is a positive thanks to CV19.

If that was a good performance than the likening it to the end of Clough's tenure was a good comparison - feels a bit like clutching at straws 

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I thought that was a good performance, I thought we were the better team, but we clearly lacked anything up front.

The fact we have only scored 1 goal from open play in 7 competitive games, as well as 3 or 4 friendlies should have everyone worried, a goal scoring striker should have been an absolute priority.

People calling Cocu for our transfer activity clearly have no idea how things work at our club, our recruitment team are an absolute shambles and have severely let Cocu down this season.

But....but....weve got Liams lists of £s of stats........?

giphy (4).gif

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We’re in this ridiculous dance again, whereby some of the fans want him gone - it won’t be long before more jump of the bandwagon and it’s just a crap situation for everyone associated with the club. At least I don’t have to go to games and listen to it this season. 

I’m quite sure that I will never see a Cocu team in the flesh again, so ultimately what does it matter. You’ll never see me asking for his head though. 

Exactly this... don’t want to see him sacked but couldn’t care less either way. My worry is our club is becoming that much of a joke who could we attract that would do better? 

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Exactly this... don’t want to see him sacked but couldn’t care less either way. My worry is our club is becoming that much of a joke who could we attract that would do better? 

Bet that's what F*rest thought. But then a decent manager needs a club and off you go?

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Give it the academy guys for me. It’s not like it matters as we don’t have the ability to change anything, nor the funds. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Give it the academy guys for me. It’s not like it matters as we don’t have the ability to change anything, nor the funds. 

I honestly wouldn’t mind Wassall  if he wants it... anyone that says ‘but Rotherham’ at least we scored in that game.

4 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

We give him till the end of the season. “Our club is a joke”... really? Grow up. 

I would go as far to say our club is a joke, I love Derby County but let’s face it, we are playing awfully, our league position is awful, we had to go to plan z with Kazim-Richards, to other clubs we are a laughing stock! 

As for the grow up bit I’m 28 and 1/4 ?

I don’t want Cocu out, but people saying that was a good performance....1 shot on target is a good performance?

It was not good but I’m optimistic that it will be better when we have Bielik, Ibe, Waghorn, Sibley, Jozwiak all in the same team.

Lawrence clearly made a difference when he came on, when we get our other creative/attacking players fit they will to. We need stability. Change would be daft in my opinion. If nothing else the academy players will have progressed and our Chairman has that high in the list of priorities. Anyone watch Dutch football? I went to an Ajax game vs the fourth place team a few years back. Nothing happened and Ajax won 4 nil. We play Dutch football.

13 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I don’t want Cocu out, but people saying that was a good performance....1 shot on target is a good performance?

It was not good but I’m optimistic that it will be better when we have Bielik, Ibe, Waghorn, Sibley, Jozwiak all in the same team.

If it's doesn't improve with those protagonists in the side then yes we have got serious issues. 

Archived