How much time do we give Phil?

Chris_Martin

58 minutes ago, sage said:

Wow. Didn't realise you were a physio and a great coach.

Do you not think if Rooney had played in Shinnie's position he would be any more attacking in open play?

1) This is a forum for discussing our opinions. You're no more right, than I am. 

2) Rooney looks forward when he gets the ball deep, it's a driving forward mentality. It's slightly caveated by the fact errors did creep into his game in this position. Shinnie just goes backwards - he's a mad little beaver, running around all the time, but lacks any real quality to progress the ball.

However, Rooney getting the ball deeper is only useful with options. My full backs would have the same offensive license whether we had two or three at the back.

Cocu doesn't like to leave us more exposed - I get his strategy - it's just dull and boring and sadly isn't producing results.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I responded to this question in the thread.

Oddly enough I'm not gonna go back through the entire thread to check what you said

But you seem to be having a go at Cocu for not picking attackers - When he didn't have any attackers available to pick

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Given the amount of folk seemingly agreeing with my post, looks like your little rant is misplaced. Also theres no such thing as hardcore 'Cocu in'...the threads are split into those who want him out now & those who want to give him time, some vocal but most (as you say yourself) level headed fans wanting to stick with it for the time being.

Dont believe me? Ask the mods for a list of posters with the highest post count in the relevant threads over the past 3 days & prove otherwise ?

Rant? What rant? I was giving my opinion on the matter, is that not what a forum is for, so people can express their opinions? You and I clearly have a different definition of the term rant, but hey ho, that is what forums are for, different opinions.

As for popular approval, just because you got X amount of claps, likes or whatever you like hardly means that most of the people on this forum agree with you, all it means is that a few people happen to agree with what you said. This is hardly a metric to determine anything. The only thing it really determines if your apparent need for approval.

As for asking moderators for a list of posters, I would rather not waste their time, surely they have better things to do other that prowl through who posted what, as do I. You, on the other hand seem to have more time on your hands than me, so please go ahead ?

46 minutes ago, rammieib said:

1) This is a forum for discussing our opinions. You're no more right, than I am. 

2) Rooney looks forward when he gets the ball deep, it's a driving forward mentality. It's slightly caveated by the fact errors did creep into his game in this position. Shinnie just goes backwards - he's a mad little beaver, running around all the time, but lacks any real quality to progress the ball.

However, Rooney getting the ball deeper is only useful with options. My full backs would have the same offensive license whether we had two or three at the back.

Cocu doesn't like to leave us more exposed - I get his strategy - it's just dull and boring and sadly isn't producing results.

1) What about the fitness team working one to one with Lawrence, talking to him about how he feels and assessing the number of minutes it's suitable to play him for, are they no more right than you either? They're not perfect and will make mistakes, but you still have to trust their judgement on such things over your own.

2) This 'slight caveat' has been a major contributory factor in us shipping so many goals over the past 5 months. It was a big reason we were 'left exposed' in Blackburn's rampant 4-0 win. Did you enjoy that match, and would you have been happy for us to go into the Norwich game with the same team?

Putting Shinnie in there was a big factor in us beating Norwich, and Shinnie's forward run was the main reason we scored a goal in the cup defeat to Preston. That said though, I don't rate Shinnie's forward play in general either.

3) I'll assume you're not really saying you'd play a back 4 with Davies & Clarke as the CBs and let the fullbacks run off up the pitch whenever they wanted? That would be suicide, Imagine it - Rooney drops deep, the fullbacks run into the opposition's half, Rooney cocks up and loses the ball - the opposition break at pace with only Davies & Clarke back defending.

You could put another CB pairing there, but you've seen how weak we are aerially without Davies haven't you? I'm really not sure how we're supposed to have marauding fullbacks in a back 4 without disastrous consequences.

2 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

As for asking moderators for a list of posters, I would rather not waste their time, surely they have better things to do other that prowl through who posted what, as do I. You, on the other hand seem to have more time on your hands than me, so please go ahead 

Superb ? Plenty of time to post your initial outburst & this evasive reply after I called you out but not enough time to back up your first post. Righto ?

8 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Superb ? Plenty of time to post your initial outburst & this evasive reply after I called you out but not enough time to back up your first post. Righto ?

How I am I the one being evasive? It was your claim the I should check the amount of posters. Or you expect me to look and back up your own argument? Not for me to do, and not my fault that you can't be arsed to do it. All you have done is sprout nonsense without backing anything up. The only thing your little outbursts prove is that you seek other people's attention/approval. Are you that insecure?

General comment on a bit of a theme here.....

The great thing about a forum is we can all present our views and opinions about a wide range of topics.  I will nearly always have a view on something but I'm the first to admit I'm not a football expert by any means. I just love the game and our club and like to add my view now and then.

Having others agreeing with me is great, I pat myself on the back and feel all warm inside. 

The flipside of contributing to a forum is you're going to naturally attract differing views from others.   This is where the rough with the smooth comes.  The key here is not to take it too personally or get too upset.  I was recently a tad miffed over a comment made against one of my comments and my first reaction was to be angry and tell the guy to **** off as I felt it was worded harshly.   But I took a breath and counted to 10.  He just had a different opinion. Was it phrased how I'd have written it? No. But that wasn't his fault plus I'm a sensitive soul!

My take though is that if you offer a different opinion to someone, remember in writing it doesn't always come across the same as if you said it over a pint, so consider how you write.  A good debate is healthy, a mass debate even better (?), just consider how you do it.  DCFC has enough challenges as it is without all of us digging at each other. 

Maybe now is the time to disable notifications....

37 minutes ago, Coconut said:

1) What about the fitness team working one to one with Lawrence, talking to him about how he feels and assessing the number of minutes it's suitable to play him for, are they no more right than you either? They're not perfect and will make mistakes, but you still have to trust their judgement on such things over your own.

2) This 'slight caveat' has been a major contributory factor in us shipping so many goals over the past 5 months. It was a big reason we were 'left exposed' in Blackburn's rampant 4-0 win. Did you enjoy that match, and would you have been happy for us to go into the Norwich game with the same team?

Putting Shinnie in there was a big factor in us beating Norwich, and Shinnie's forward run was the main reason we scored a goal in the cup defeat to Preston. That said though, I don't rate Shinnie's forward play in general either.

3) I'll assume you're not really saying you'd play a back 4 with Davies & Clarke as the CBs and let the fullbacks run off up the pitch whenever they wanted? That would be suicide, Imagine it - Rooney drops deep, the fullbacks run into the opposition's half, Rooney cocks up and loses the ball - the opposition break at pace with only Davies & Clarke back defending.

You could put another CB pairing there, but you've seen how weak we are aerially without Davies haven't you? I'm really not sure how we're supposed to have marauding fullbacks in a back 4 without disastrous consequences.

Fair points.

1) I can understand a player not being fit enough for 90 but if he's fit enough for 20, I'd be starting him. He'd been in training a while so its match fitness which is probably the biggest issue...but how do you get match fit?

2) You're picking on a calamitous loss to Blackburn but why don't you pick on the nine games (including last two pre-season friendlies) where we have only actually scored in three of them and we've only scored three goals. Only scoring 3 goals in 9 games is much more of a major concern for me than conceding 4 in one game. He's made a dramatic change in formation because of one game but he's made no dramatic changes to address the fact we are completely toothless going forward. Nine times out of ten we lose at Norwich with those tactics and apart from a soft piece of grass next to the penalty spot, we would have done. The luck we got in that game was huge and that luck won't be with us to that degree in most of the games we play.

3) Rooney actually works very hard defensively. Agreed if Davies and Clarke were the two centre backs we'd be exposed in full backs on quick counter attacks but I'm fed up of going into games being surprised when we score now. That is quite literally how I feel. Since Clough, I've never felt this demoralised under any of the other managers, (Even Rowett because at least then we were winning games).

The bit that gets me, I think we have good players. I think even now (if everyone is fit) we have a top six team. Relies heavily on Waghorn, but under Cocu's style, I don't think we even have a top half Championship team.

My final worry - I think Wozniak will leave end of this year. I actually think he is too good for us and he will realise how negative we are, not enjoy it and will move on.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Oddly enough I'm not gonna go back through the entire thread to check what you said

But you seem to be having a go at Cocu for not picking attackers - When he didn't have any attackers available to pick

It was only on the previous page LOL  ??

15 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

How I am I the one being evasive? It was your claim the I should check the amount of posters. Or you expect me to look and back up your own argument? Not for me to do, and not my fault that you can't be arsed to do it. All you have done is sprout nonsense without backing anything up. The only thing your little outbursts prove is that you seek other people's attention/approval. Are you that insecure?

? 

Dont think you understand how this works. I posted an opinion, some people agreed which seems to indicate some truth in what I said. You then posted calling my opinion 'ludicrous' and 'deluded'. Fine, you're entitled to your strong opinions but I then challenged you to back that up with evidence. Should be straightforward if my opinion was that far-fetched.

In response, you've rambled on claiming you dont have the time yet clearly have plenty of time to engage in this tit for tat nonsense. 

Clearly you're not going to oblige as you know you're wrong so am off to find something much more interesting to do than respond to your overly-emotional waffle. Have a lovely day x

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

?

Dont think you understand how this works. I posted an opinion, some people agreed which seems to indicate some truth in what I said. You then posted calling my opinion 'ludicrous' and 'deluded'. Fine, you're entitled to your strong opinions but I then challenged you to back that up with evidence. Should be straightforward if my opinion was that far-fetched.

In response, you've rambled on claiming you dont have the time yet clearly have plenty of time to engage in this tit for tat nonsense. 

Clearly you're not going to oblige as you know you're wrong so am off to find something much more interesting to do than respond to your overly-emotional waffle. Have a lovely day x

At least we can agree to disagree ?

Its not really how much time do we give Cocu, it is how patient is Mad Mel...? For me, even though the football is as boring and one dimensional as I can ever remember watching I would give him at least until the end of next season, we arent going up, we arent going down, let him work with  what he has and see what happens.....but realistically i think if we lose tomorrow and lose on Friday (which could VERY easily happen) then I think Mad Mel will pull the trigger.....and waste another few million... I know you read all my posts Mel.....DONT DO IT....!!

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Its not really how much time do we give Cocu, it is how patient is Mad Mel...? For me, even though the football is as boring and one dimensional as I can ever remember watching I would give him at least until the end of next season, we arent going up, we arent going down, let him work with  what he has and see what happens.....but realistically i think if we lose tomorrow and lose on Friday (which could VERY easily happen) then I think Mad Mel will pull the trigger.....and waste another few million... I know you read all my posts Mel.....DONT DO IT....!!

Famous last words. I can see this manager only taking us one way!  He has in my opinion no idea of the type of football needed to get out of this league. Other than relegated. He has no charisma. Does not seem to have any idea how to motivate. No leadership qualities. There are lots of excellent coaches who can’t manage. Maybe Cocu is another. We need to stop the rot! 

5 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Famous last words. I can see this manager only taking us one way!  He has in my opinion no idea of the type of football needed to get out of this league. Other than relegated. He has no charisma. Does not seem to have any idea how to motivate. No leadership qualities. There are lots of excellent coaches who can’t manage. Maybe Cocu is another. We need to stop the rot! 

We wont go down....we will be miles off going down....however we wont go up either we will be miles off that too... which is ok for me... We need consistency just let him have as long as he wants to change the club around.

7 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Have you come up with that team and formation you would have put out last Friday yet? I really am quite interested to know what you would have done.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Have you come up with that team and formation you would have put out last Friday yet? I really am quite interested to know what you would have done.

Have you progressed from Ladybird books yet. It’s the formation. Style of play. Motivation. Not being so negative. Just read for goodness sake 

Archived