Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We play with 1 striker so we should really have 3 first team options to choose from. You would think the pecking order is - 

Waghorn

CKR

Rooney

JHIDuncan - As the youth option

If Marriott had stayed he would probably have been 4th choice now, Cocu clearly fancied Rooney ahead of him, CKR is more suited so would be ahead of him and Waghorn has shown he can play the lone striker role plenty of times. Yes he misses alot of chances but he is more than capable of being our main striker.

CKR is an unknown, not sure why he is being written off before he plays for us. Much more suited to what we need, provides a different option and likely to be more effective for us than Marriott was. Can criticise his career and number of clubs but he has played for some big teams and won more than a lot of players will in our squad.

Rooney was also originally bought in as a centre forward.

So yes we look short currently due to injuries, but loaning Marriott out and hopefully getting his wages covered makes sense and also gives youth a chance.

Personally id have liked another forward in and not consider Rooney as one of the 3 first team options but I guess there is always the free transfers which Cocu did mention, quite random of him to do this for no reason.

So we can moan about this, that and the other, goal records, age, who we should have signed etc but we have what we have and need to back the team and see where we are come Jan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

CKR is an unknown, not sure why he is being written off before he plays for us. Much more suited to what we need, provides a different option and likely to be more effective for us than Marriott was. Can criticise his career and number of clubs but he has played for some big teams and won more than a lot of players will in our squad

Because he's gash. Always has been. Awful record everywhere he's been, and fans of every club he's been at find it funny that we've signed him. Try put some positive spin on this if you want, he'll be as bad for us as he's been at every other club, when we needed a proper striker, we brought in a poor journeyman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We play with 1 striker so we should really have 3 first team options to choose from. You would think the pecking order is - 

Waghorn

CKR

Rooney

JHIDuncan - As the youth option

If Marriott had stayed he would probably have been 4th choice now, Cocu clearly fancied Rooney ahead of him, CKR is more suited so would be ahead of him and Waghorn has shown he can play the lone striker role plenty of times. Yes he misses alot of chances but he is more than capable of being our main striker.

CKR is an unknown, not sure why he is being written off before he plays for us. Much more suited to what we need, provides a different option and likely to be more effective for us than Marriott was. Can criticise his career and number of clubs but he has played for some big teams and won more than a lot of players will in our squad.

Rooney was also originally bought in as a centre forward.

So yes we look short currently due to injuries, but loaning Marriott out and hopefully getting his wages covered makes sense and also gives youth a chance.

Personally id have liked another forward in and not consider Rooney as one of the 3 first team options but I guess there is always the free transfers which Cocu did mention, quite random of him to do this for no reason.

So we can moan about this, that and the other, goal records, age, who we should have signed etc but we have what we have and need to back the team and see where we are come Jan.

He's gash . If that list gets more than twenty goals i'll be amazed .  Our best option for goals went out the door today now we've signed a couple of wingers who might create something. 

Criminal

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Give it till Christmas.

Whittaker will be on 6/7 goals by then, and we'll be saying how cute Cocu was to see the answer within the current squad. 

 

Nah. It's cute that you think that though.

It would be how lucky he was to stumble upon him after ignoring and wasting his talent by playing him on the wings, he was always good enough to play upfront for us and the manager has in fact hindered his development by not using him properly.

Edited by Coconut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree we need 3 options in the striker position for the system we play. The trouble is, we don’t really have that. Rooney isn’t a striker anymore, and Hector-Ingram and Duncan both aren’t ready yet. Our only proper options are Waghorn and Kazim-Richards. That’s neither enough depth, or enough quality. Waghorn is a good player to have coming off the bench, but he’s not a promotion level starting striker. And Kazim-Richards was surely only brought in as emergency cover, with Marriott now gone, he’s going to have to play far more regularly than we’d hoped. It’s just a mess, you can’t deny it. We’ve ended up significantly weakening one of the most fundamental positions in our side, by letting Martin leave without proper replacement. Just like we did in 2016/17. I really struggle to see how we’re going to cope this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure how we are going to cope replacing the 13 goals Marriott and Martin scored between them last season. Keep forgetting how prolific they were 😂😂

Martin was by far our most prolific player, and we've not signed players that will make up the difference. Keep calling everyone a bed wetter, it doesn't change how poor the end of the window has been for Derby. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure how we are going to cope replacing the 13 goals Marriott and Martin scored between them last season. Keep forgetting how prolific they were 😂😂

This is what gets me. And i was a big fan of Martin, and would have been happy if he stayed, but Marriott is a prolific 3rd division striker, who’s looked poor in more games than he’s looked good for us, and is never fit.

I also don’t think Bobby Duncan came here to play a couple of years of u23 football. He will get his chance soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Agree we need 3 options in the striker position for the system we play. The trouble is, we don’t really have that. Rooney isn’t a striker anymore, and Hector-Ingram and Duncan both aren’t ready yet. Our only proper options are Waghorn and Kazim-Richards. That’s neither enough depth, or enough quality. Waghorn is a good player to have coming off the bench, but he’s not a promotion level starting striker. And Kazim-Richards was surely only brought in as emergency cover, with Marriott now gone, he’s going to have to play far more regularly than we’d hoped. It’s just a mess, you can’t deny it. We’ve ended up significantly weakening one of the most fundamental positions in our side, by letting Martin leave without proper replacement. Just like we did in 2016/17. I really struggle to see how we’re going to cope this time.

Sums it up pretty well 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.