Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

To be fair - he's probably doubling his salary and we do need to accept that.

Still - one of the slightly better players this season.

His home county as well, no surprise he jumped at the opportunity. He’s developed into a good cricketer the 3 years he’s been here. He’s not irreplaceable though, we have a ton of “sort of” all rounders. We need to get some proper batsmen into the club.

On 12/07/2021 at 16:18, jimbo jones said:

His home county as well, no surprise he jumped at the opportunity. He’s developed into a good cricketer the 3 years he’s been here. He’s not irreplaceable though, we have a ton of “sort of” all rounders. We need to get some proper batsmen into the club.

We need to get someone who can play cricket at the club.

18 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Division 3 opponents confirmed. We take 9.5 points into the group, half of the 19 points we took from Worcestershire. We play the 4 other team's to finish the season.

25BA0D7D-1540-4D7A-B8B5-003434E7E686.png

Why only half of the points?

Starting points for the Division 3 teams

Worcestershire 18.5

Middlesex 13.5

Sussex 13

Leicestershire 11.5

Kent 11

Derbyshire 9.5

Of course we are bottom ? Worcestershire at home was the game we should have won but failed to declare early enough, allowing them to save the game with 2 wickets left. Seems along time ago now.

I am at least hopeful we can be competitive with these teams. I have heard Madsen is done for the season, so the batting line up isn't going to get any help.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Worcestershire 18.5

Middlesex 13.5

Sussex 13

Leicestershire 11.5

Kent 11

Derbyshire 9.5

Of course we are bottom ? Worcestershire at home was the game we should have won but failed to declare early enough, allowing them to save the game with 2 wickets left. Seems along time ago now.

I am at least hopeful we can be competitive with these teams. I have heard Madsen is done for the season, so the batting line up isn't going to get any help.

The excitement of it all ???

6 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Worcestershire 18.5

Middlesex 13.5

Sussex 13

Leicestershire 11.5

Kent 11

Derbyshire 9.5

I am really torn. Should I open the batting for Derbyshire in August or play centre half for Derby County? Now I know how Alan Ramage must have felt.

Scrimshaw misses out after an injury in training. Fynn and Dal batting at 4 and 5 just seems hilarious, we are batting 1st so we’ll soom see how they do.

We have 2 debutants today. Leicester have 6 with all their good players missing too.

Edited by jimbo jones

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Is the Marcus Harris that they have the Aussie lad? If so, not ALL of their good players are missing...

Yeah, his one day record isn't as good as his 4 day though. Been trying to see what teams are missing the most players, and who still look to have good team's. Which isn't easy as the hundred don't seem to acknowledge what counties their players player for at all.

Essex still look strong.

Edited by jimbo jones

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, his one day record isn't as good as his 4 day though. Been trying to see what teams are missing the most players, and who still look to have good team's. Which isn't easy as the hundred don't seem to acknowledge what counties their players player for at all.

Essex still look strong.

They've made it a 2nd rate competition now haven't they.

This Hundred business is utter madness, cricket for non-cricket fans.