Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

Dave Hughton says, and I quote....”I can’t put a finger on why” we can’t score any runs. Bodes well ?‍♂️

1 thing I found strange in this game, we played with 7 bowlers. Not sure who thought that was a good idea, when the batting has been so weak.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who are more of an embarrassment our football or cricket team…....discuss……

Can i start the discussion....?

Football team by a mile.

With the cricket, its a different story, nice friendly small club, trying to do things right, horrendous run of bad luck recently and injuries to key players, Wayne Maddeson in may opinion should be Trent 100 captain 

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Derbyshire delivering when it, oops, doesn’t matter.

But hey, that was exciting. Well done Guest and Critchley.

Mathematically we can still qualify ? if Durham and Lancashire tie or it's rained off, and they lose their other match, and Warwickshire lose both of there’s. Plus we have a big net run rate swing. obviously not going to happen, but it's frustrating that just the 1 extra point from the blown match vs Notts and we’d have a genuine chance still.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Just shows the value of steady accumulation rather than having a slog when wickets fall. I reckon there were only 20 dot balls.

Exactly! There was a moment when Wood and Du Plooy got out, that I thought here we go again, but Critchley and Guest played nicely to get it done.

One LFT Positive and the game is called off!

At some point, this sillyness will need to stop. I might be on my own here, but if all the other players did a LFT and it was negative, lets continue the game!!!

Anyway - on the brightside, having been bowled out again for a pathetic total, its maybe not a bad thing lol.

On 11/07/2021 at 13:28, jimbo jones said:

Fynn Hudson-Prentice joining Sussex at the end of the season.

To be fair - he's probably doubling his salary and we do need to accept that.

Still - one of the slightly better players this season.