Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Sam Conners finally makes the squad ?

EC48C8CB-4114-4A93-99FE-128FE6380E7F.jpeg

I thought he made the last one but wasn’t picked ? I would play him. Shall we start a new competition, guess how many runs Billy will score. I will go for him continuing to improve…5 runs….which will take him in to double figures for the tournament ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I thought he made the last one but wasn’t picked ? I would play him. Shall we start a new competition, guess how many runs Billy will score. I will go for him continuing to improve…5 runs….which will take him in to double figures for the tournament ?

He might have done and I just forgot....wouldn’t be the first time.

? for Billy today 

It was a comfortable win, apart from a couple of little wobbles. Godleman and Hudson-Prentice needlessly run themselves out when we were really in cruise mode, but all in all, a pretty good evening.

Critchley just goes from strength to strength with both bat and ball (the occasional brain melt notwithstanding) and all the bowlers performed admirably, especially George Scrimshaw who conceded just 13 in his 4 overs - he and McKerr both looked a real handful.

Du Plooy's last two knocks have been excellent, and Brooke Guest is looking a very accomplished wicketkeeper.

Edited by Eddie

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

It was a comfortable win, apart from a couple of little wobbles. Godleman and Hudson-Prentice needlessly run themselves out when we were really in cruise mode, but all in all, a pretty good evening.

Critchley just goes from strength to strength with both bat and ball (the occasional brain melt notwithstanding) and all the bowlers performed admirably, especially George Scrimshaw who conceded just 13 in his 4 overs - he and McKerr both looked a real handful.

Du Plooy's last two knocks have been excellent, and Brooke Guest is looking a very accomplished wicketkeeper.

Both run outs were rather comical ?‍♂️ 

Looking at the forecast for later, ant play up at Trent Bridge this evening looks unlikely.

21 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Good performance last night. Comfortable. Thought we bowled very well. Can’t argue with Scrimshaw’s economy rate! Du Plooy looks in good nick at the moment. Can we play them every week? 

Them and Leicestershire on rotation ?

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Both run outs were rather comical ?‍♂️ 

Looking at the forecast for later, ant play up at Trent Bridge this evening looks unlikely.

(Pilot) Download weekend, so it's a given that there will be a biblical deluge. Metal and mud coexisting as one.

And my new Witch Cross album hasn't arrived yet. Flicking difficult getting anything from Europe now. If it's like my beer order a few months ago, I'll receive it in August.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Disappointing and Hughes for 6 weeks did it say?

On a positive note, Harvey Hosein now fit again after the tolchocking of his gulliver and other problems

/yes, I did watch 'A Clockwork Orange' again last night when I got back from the cricket.

36 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

4-6 weeks, same for Dustin Melton, who I didn't realise was injured....but I did wonder why he hasn't had a look in.

Corky was saying last night that they've got 7 or 8 injured. Couple that with losing McDermott through call-ups and Billy Stanlake's stress fracture and it seems that our natural state of ducked is to continue ad nauseum.