Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

14 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Really enjoyable game of cricket. I fear that our bowlers won’t be good enough to achieve anything but always good to see a win. Do you think Critchley will be with us much longer? I can see him elsewhere soon. They can stick the FA Cup, their cricket team were well beaten! 

Yes, was thinking the same about Critchley. Couldn’t blame him if he chose to move to a bigger club to help him meet his ambitions….

16 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Great performance. Reece and Critchley the key players. Shame about Hughes injury. Very impressed with Guest behind the stumps. Billy needs to take a rest.

Think I’ll have to agree about Billy, trouble is if Madsen & Hughes remain out, we are running out of top order batsmen and captain options.

14 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Really enjoyable game of cricket. I fear that our bowlers won’t be good enough to achieve anything but always good to see a win. Do you think Critchley will be with us much longer? I can see him elsewhere soon. They can stick the FA Cup, their cricket team were well beaten! 

He’s under contract to the end of next season. The 2 divisions being scrapped has made needing to play for a division 1 team less of a thing, which is good for the game. I’m not sure what the plan is for next season though.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Billy plays he will need to bat down the order…

Just seen the squad for Warwickshire game, no Madsen, Hughes or Thomson (parent club).

can see Mckiernan and perhaps Wood coming in, wouldn’t have Billy batting before 6 myself, but we’ll see

Reece, Came, Du Plooy, Wood, Critchley top 5

4932C867-952F-4F68-8DA5-8A9A85AFF412.jpeg

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Just seen the squad for Warwickshire game, no Madsen, Hughes or Thomson (parent club).

can see Mckiernan and perhaps Wood coming in, wouldn’t have Billy batting before 6 myself, but we’ll see

Reece, Came, Du Plooy, Wood, Critchley top 5

4932C867-952F-4F68-8DA5-8A9A85AFF412.jpeg

Such a shame about the injuries, think we will miss Hughes more than a lot of people think. I would go Reece, Came, Wood, Du Plooy, Critchley, Mckiernen, Godleman, Hudson Prentice, Guest, Van Beek, Conners…make do with just 6 bowlers…

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Such a shame about the injuries, think we will miss Hughes more than a lot of people think. I would go Reece, Came, Wood, Du Plooy, Critchley, Mckiernen, Godleman, Hudson Prentice, Guest, Van Beek, Conners…make do with just 6 bowlers…

Yeah, does a good job keeping it tight in the middle overs, picks up wickets, a very good fielder and scores runs, that’s a lot to replace.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Ridiculous amount of wides bowled on this game.

We gifted them that with poor bowling. We can’t have a captain in the team who doesn’t deserve his place. What has Wood got to do to get a game. Also Conners has to play instead of Cohen…

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We gifted them that with poor bowling. We can’t have a captain in the team who doesn’t deserve his place. What has Wood got to do to get a game. Also Conners has to play instead of Cohen…

Some sloppy moments in the field, particularly the double misfield that turned a dot ball into a 4 near the end, when the pressure was building on the batsman.

im sure I remember Melton bowling good Yorkers at the end of innings last season, Van Beek is going round the park, but bowling brilliantly in the early overs.

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Some sloppy moments in the field, particularly the double misfield that turned a dot ball into a 4 near the end, when the pressure was building on the batsman.

im sure I remember Melton bowling good Yorkers at the end of innings last season, Van Beek is going round the park, but bowling brilliantly in the early overs.

Some of Billy’s decisions on who and when bowlers have bowled has been baffling at times. Hudson Prentice not being bowled out at Lancs, Cohen bowling out today in preference to Reece or Grimshaw and McKiernan not getting an over today…

55 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Some of Billy’s decisions on who and when bowlers have bowled has been baffling at times. Hudson Prentice not being bowled out at Lancs, Cohen bowling out today in preference to Reece or Grimshaw and McKiernan not getting an over today…

Yeah, his captaincy has often puzzled me. Wonder if Critchley has the makings of a captain? Try and encourage him to stick around a bit longer ??

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, his captaincy has often puzzled me. Wonder if Critchley has the makings of a captain? Try and encourage him to stick around a bit longer ??

Not sure. Cork needs to show some  ️ and drop Billy, play one less bowler, pick Wood and include Conners….simples…