Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Lancashire win with 3 balls to spare. Wasn’t a bad performance really, needed more wickets.

Hudson-Prentice 1 over 2-9 is the type of strange thing that seems a regular occurrence with Godlemans captaincy ?‍♂️

I lost the stream, assumed he was injured, all very bizarre. If we had McDermott and Madsen hadn’t picked up the injury who knows…

Lancashire win with 3 balls to spare. Wasn’t a bad performance really, needed more wickets.

Hudson-Prentice 1 over 2-9 is the type of strange thing that seems a regular occurrence with Godlemans captaincy ?‍♂️

We batted out 20 overs which is a miracle in itself. Didn’t expect anything up there. 2:30 kick offs is bizarre. Missed it all due to being at work. 
With regards to Hudson-Prentice, I thought it was odd looking at the stats. It seems to happen a lot. Someone has a really tidy over and is often never seen again. Anyway, onwards and upwards. I noticed Madsen ret inj. Is he OK?

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I lost the stream, assumed he was injured, all very bizarre. If we had McDermott and Madsen hadn’t picked up the injury who knows…

The Madsen injury saw the scoring slow at the end of the power play, a couple extra boundaries could have made the difference.

I missed it as it happened when the stream went down, but heard the commentators talking about a chance to catch Livingstone, where Critchley and Du Plooy ran into each other ?‍♂️

12 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We batted out 20 overs which is a miracle in itself. Didn’t expect anything up there. 2:30 kick offs is bizarre. Missed it all due to being at work. 
With regards to Hudson-Prentice, I thought it was odd looking at the stats. It seems to happen a lot. Someone has a really tidy over and is often never seen again. Anyway, onwards and upwards. I noticed Madsen ret inj. Is he OK?

It’s something that really bugs me about Godleman’s captaincy.

Unfortunately, Madsen is starting to look every bit his 37 years of age. He got injured diving in on a quick single, where he was hit by the ball. Not sure of the severity of it. He got injured last year pulling a muscle attempting a ramp shot, it might be time to reign in some of the stuff like that ?‍♂️

heard the commentators talking about a chance to catch Livingstone, where Critchley and Du Plooy ran into each other ?‍♂️

I saw that, was amateur stuff. Easy catch for either of them. 

Madsen not in the squad for today’s game against Leicestershire, his thigh injury is still being assessed.

Wood comes into the squad, I’d quite like to see the new lad Harry Came get a go though. We really need a powerful hitter in the team.

53 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Reece, Wood, Came, Du Plooy, Critchley, Hughes (Capt), McKiernen, Hudson Prentice, Guest, Van Beek and Thomson

With all the all rounders I agree with losing a seam bowler and play McKiernan, bit of spin and he can give the ball a whack. 7 bowlers in that team as it is.

Racked up a huge 209/6 v Leics thanks to an unbeaten 80 of 45 balls from the superstar that is Matt Critchley and good contributions from Reece at the top of the order and Hughes when things could have gone awry when the 4th wicket fell at 90 just past the halfway mark.

Will take some chasing down that.

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Racked up a huge 209/6 v Leics thanks to an unbeaten 80 of 45 balls from the superstar that is Matt Critchley and good contributions from Reece at the top of the order and Hughes when things could have gone awry when the 4th wicket fell at 90 just past the halfway mark.

Will take some chasing down that.

That’s more like it ?