Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That looks more like it!

Wonder if Guest or McDermott is behind the stumps?

Glad to see they're giving Du Plooy the time to come out of his poor run, it's not like we are overrun with top batsmen waiting in the wings!

Conners with a wicket first ball and had a edge drop short.

I think it's Guest, but no commentary on the live stream at the moment so I'm not 100%

It would probably help Du Plooy if the sun made an appearance, he's still not comfortable with the conditions when it's grey and horrible, and the ball moves about.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Du Plooy having a nightmare ?‍♂️ 2 dropped catches in the slips

The first one wasn't easy, you would catch 6 or 7 times out of 10, but the second was a sitter

As I type this, the keeper takes an edge and we have a second wicket.

My money is on us not scoring the 39 runs needed to make them bat again.

Is the cricket side of things at Derbyshire really as bad as the football side at Derby. I know finances are small and we did incredibly well to turn another profit last year but our play this year on the field has been atrocious. Our only chance of getting a result is when the weather is bad for more than a day!

Then both overseas signings are a nightmare. Giving Melton a year so he can be naturalised next year is pointless if he isn’t any good.

Signing a player who statistically is likely to get injured is a bad move as well. How much did we spend on return flights and one game with figures averaging 50? 

I hope the 20/20 gives us something at least. Got my tickets for the Notts game. I just want it to be competitive - I’m not expecting a win, just a competitive game.

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was hopeful we would be competitive in red ball cricket but other than Madsen and Critchley, the top order have been abysmal. Maybe 1 day cricket will be our bag this year..

Yeah, the batting has been disappointing all season. Hopefully they’ll show up in the pyjama cricket.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

See we have resigned Van Beek for the 20/20....bit underwhelming ?

Recently played a couple of “ODI’s” against Scotland for the Dutch. More like signing a solid county player, than an overseas, not very exciting.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Recently played a couple of “ODI’s” against Scotland for the Dutch. More like signing a solid county player, than an overseas, not very exciting.

Did I read he was carrying an injury when he was with us previously ? I hope so otherwise I don’t think he is any better than what we already have.....

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Did I read he was carrying an injury when he was with us previously ? I hope so otherwise I don’t think he is any better than what we already have.....

I seem to recall a few niggles and him missing a game or 2.