Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Brooke Guest 1 away from a half century batting from number 3.....just a shame about everyone else ??‍♂️

I switched on just missed Masden's wicket and the Critchley fell, thought best if I turn it back off ?

One game an Stanlake is injured ?‍♂️?

Reece needs knee rehab or something, I’m not surprised, opening the batting and bowling is too much, I’m surprised he doesn’t get injured more often.

I don’t see an obvious opener to partner Godleman in that squad.

Really looking forward to watching the rain and the covers over the next 4 days, with the occasional bright spell involving the rope being run around the outfield and umpires walking out to the square, mournfully shaking their heads and then walking back to the pavilion again.

I've missed it.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Our sports teams sure do find them don't we ?‍♂️

George Thorne, Krystian Bielik, Mitchell Santner, Billy Stanlake ?

No great surprise, thought this might happen as soon as I saw we had signed him. Hopefully get a decent replacement in for him....

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

No great surprise, thought this might happen as soon as I saw we had signed him. Hopefully get a decent replacement in for him....

Yeah me too, I'm no expert on Australian cricketers but I certainly knew Stanlake was often injured! Wonder why they didn't go for Sean Abbott the guy they were going the have last season before Covid?

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah me too, I'm no expert on Australian cricketers but I certainly knew Stanlake was often injured! Wonder why they didn't go for Sean Abbott the guy they were going the have last season before Covid?

Yes, I was hoping for him but he signed for someone else, team better than us from what I remember but can't think who....might have been Surrey...