Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

Signed on loan from Warwickshire until the end of the season, can play in all formats....but not against Warwickshire (who we play this week). All rounder who bowls off spin. Another spinner will be useful, especially in the one day stuff.

Thomson’s best performances have come in the one day format, his List A record is decent. Averages 43 with the bat and 13 wickets at 29 from 9 games.

52413962-860F-4795-8034-9E3A4FEBAD6F.jpeg

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

I seem to recall a few niggles and him missing a game or 2.

Think it might have been a knee injury. I think if he was the best we could get pace wise I would have opted for a decent spinner if one was available...Santner after the England tour would have been nice....

Signed on loan from Warwickshire until the end of the season, can play in all formats....but not against Warwickshire (who we play this week). All rounder who bowls off spin. Another spinner will be useful, especially in the one day stuff.

Thomson’s best performances have come in the one day format, his List A record is decent. Averages 43 with the bat and 13 wickets at 29 from 9 games.

Hadn't seen this before my previous post...that's good....

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think it might have been a knee injury. I think if he was the best we could get pace wise I would have opted for a decent spinner if one was available...Santner after the England tour would have been nice....

Playing against Ireland at the moment, scored 29 runs and taken 2 wickets in his first 2 overs, at least he’s coming with a bit of form

14 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

At least Dal is back in the squad ?

Mot been a great season so far has it. Maybe the blast will be more our thing. 

And back in the team ? 

When we go to the next phase in a group with the other 5th and 6th place teams, we might win a game...maybe 

A couple of early wickets for Sam Conners, always seems to bowl well the first morning.

A most enjoyable day sitting in the sun. Sam Conners was mightily impressive in his first couple of spells, and Derbyshire were competitive throughout, keeping the lid on the scoring rate.

Time to make some chicken phal wraps now, then off to the cricket again.

It's a tough life.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

A most enjoyable day sitting in the sun. Sam Conners was mightily impressive in his first couple of spells, and Derbyshire were competitive throughout, keeping the lid on the scoring rate.

Time to make some chicken phal wraps now, then off to the cricket again.

It's a tough life.

Not jealous at all ??

If Conners can find the consistency, he can be a very good bowler. Regularly making the new ball pay this season.

2 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Pitiful. Good old Anuj got 0 runs to go with his 0 wickets and 0 catches. 

Just bought some 20/20 tickets. Do you think we will be able to last 20 overs? 

The 20 overs - in one match or overall?

It has been pretty feeble. I'm surprised Warwickshire did not enforce the follow-on. This game had 2 days written all over it until pity kicked in.

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Pitiful. Good old Anuj got 0 runs to go with his 0 wickets and 0 catches. 

Just bought some 20/20 tickets. Do you think we will be able to last 20 overs? 

What on earth is going on with Dal? What exactly are the selectors seeing in him to give him chance after chance? I've seen plenty of decent players hit bad runs of form, I've seen plenty of promising players who just need something to click, but I don't see any of this with Dal. What am I missing?

1 minute ago, Anon said:

What on earth is going on with Dal? What exactly are the selectors seeing in him to give him chance after chance? I've seen plenty of decent players hit bad runs of form, I've seen plenty of promising players who just need something to click, but I don't see any of this with Dal. What am I missing?

He’s probably our best fielder, just a shame about the batting and bowling ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The 20 overs - in one match or overall?

It has been pretty feeble. I'm surprised Warwickshire did not enforce the follow-on. This game had 2 days written all over it until pity kicked in.

Would that have been 4 follow ons in a row? Depressing thing is I don’t think we’ve got any other batsmen left to try, pretty much everyone’s had a go at this point.

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Excellent performance by our young bowling attack of Conners, Cohen & Aichinson. Warwickshire 132-7 in their second innings, keeping the game interesting if we can remember how to bat.

We won’t hit 200. It’s not interesting at all.

I see the seconds keep winning games and Came scored a venture at a strike rate of over 200 against Durham.