Jahmal Hector-Ingram

Animal is a Ram

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I have seen JHI play a lot more than I have Stretton, and I rate them both. The things I like about JHI are the fact he harries and often wins the ball back, he's stronger in his hold up play and however he does it, he has the knack of being in the right place at the right time to either stick the ball in the net or win a penalty. 

Stretton on the face of it looks a more cultured player and so his goals are (usually) more showy. However, he works harder than JHI and I think his positioning is also excellent.  I think he's some way to go in terms of his physical development. 

That's why I would have liked to see JHI given more of a chance now, even if longer term Stretton will be the one. They played quite well together in the last under 23s match. 

I don't think it's a competition (at this stage.)

This is the problem a lot of our fans have.......the more cultured player is better or will perform better. 

In the Prem this might be the case, but in this division it isn't always the case, hence why so many cloggers make good careers for themselves.

JHI may or may not make it, but he certainly has some of the qualities needed to be successful in this division. It gets tiring seeing players dismissed because they don't meet the high technical standards our fans expect, when they could be solid performers capable of delivering higher levels of performance than their technically superior peers!

Case in point Jason Knight who hasn't got the technical abilities of Bird and Sibley, but is out performing them by a distance with other attributes!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not convinced. Cocu has shown a real reluctance to gamble his career with our youngsters this season in particular. Colin signed for a reason.

Personally I'd say it's just this season he's seemed reluctant and he's been reluctant since that meeting that followed Blackburn. 

I've found it exceptionally frustrating seeing the likes of Bird and Sibley sidelined with chances for the rest of the youngsters being minimised as well. They've essentially taken the fallen for a bunch of other, worse senior players I could name.

Got to wonder if the likes of JHI or Stretton would have started against Huddersfield had that meeting not took place.....

59 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

This is the problem a lot of our fans have.......the more cultured player is better or will perform better. 

In the Prem this might be the case, but in this division it isn't always the case, hence why so many cloggers make good careers for themselves.

JHI may or may not make it, but he certainly has some of the qualities needed to be successful in this division. It gets tiring seeing players dismissed because they don't meet the high technical standards our fans expect, when they could be solid performers capable of delivering higher levels of performance than their technically superior peers!

Case in point Jason Knight who hasn't got the technical abilities of Bird and Sibley, but is out performing them by a distance with other attributes!

Debatable. This season arguabley yes but I don't think Bird or Sibley have really had a fair crack this season. But Bird was the player's player of the year last season for good reason and Sibley has looked spectacular in some games (I will stand by his game against Millwall is easily the best performance in the last 5 years from a Derby player).

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not convinced it's down to 'that meeting'. But anyway who is in charge?

It might not be but it's awfully coincedental given his previous faith. 

And I'm not excusing Cocu at all, it's one of my main current criticisms is there seems to be too many voices pulling in different directions.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except he felt the need to sign Colin over playing Jahmal or Stretton.

Its a fair point. To be honest he hasn't played Colin really either. 

It's a signing that doesn't make a huge amount of sense at a glance. The only thing I can think of he's a cheap option to provide a specific physical quality coming off the bench that we don't have in the squad. Personally I'd prefer JHI or Stretton there and it seems to go against how Cocu has previously largely approached selection.

As an aside wasn't CKR signed post Blackburn if I recall correctly ?

6 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Its a fair point. To be honest he hasn't played Colin really either. 

It's a signing that doesn't make a huge amount of sense at a glance...and it seems to go against how Cocu has previously largely approached selection.

As an aside wasn't CKR signed post Blackburn if I recall correctly ?

Can't remember the exact signing - still in shock! Lol. I think it's now as much about Cocu's survival as him playing youngsters. He picks players and drops them, changes systems at a whim...or perhaps to set us up to negate the opposition. Anyway it's a bit like not looking for a new girlfriend, they can smell you're desperate. Cocu smells desperate!

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't remember the exact signing - still in shock! Lol. I think it's now as much about Cocu's survival as him playing youngsters. He picks players and drops them, changes systems at a whim...or perhaps to set us up to negate the opposition. Anyway it's a bit like not looking for a new girlfriend, they can smell you're desperate. Cocu smells desperate!

Honestly, yeah I kinda agree. I'm not sure he's doing it purely to save his job but there seems to be a heavy dose of reactionary thinking this season and a stark lack of conviction and faith in who you would have to think have been earmarked for the first team.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

To be honest the first team centre backs of most of our opponents would eat JHL alive. Just my opinion after watching virtually all his U23 games. 

I thought that about Whittaker too. But he got better, only to be dropped.

Archived