Jahmal Hector-Ingram

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Window's not shut yet and hints there may be one more incoming, with Dursan also looking likely to join in January

He can’t sign in January unless the government change the rules - them days are now gone unless something changes on a national level

Cocu has said previously that Rooney was signed as a centre forward and, if you get pace and purpose around him, he could still be the best we have in that role. 

His ability to hold the ball and bring others into play is exceptional - just don't ask him to battle for high balls or run in behind.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

ATM Billy Sharp looks like a golden option. 

At this point, I'd have him on loan until Dursan comes in. Loaning Mariott out does seem odd unless we've got someone lined up to come in, unless CKR is match-fit and ready for the bench tonight. Can't quite see the angle we're pursuing atm but i'm sure it'll become clear later

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

''Experience and value'' are very vague concepts and surely cases can be made for every transfer in those respects

Honestly can't see that being too much of a stumbling block for us, especially if we're talking pre-contract negotiation as is likely happening and can plan the pragmatics of this stuff well in advance. 

It all makes perfect sense. Once Rooney is player manager tonight after we lose to Watford, if he’s got rid of all the other strikers, he gets to play up top, no questions asked.*

*there may be hints of sarcasm in the post to satirise the widespread hyperbole and meltdowns 

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

You've not heard of that we're leaving the EU?

You've replied a bit late here, I've already speculated that i doubt the change in legislature will impact football transfers that much. We might have already started the process of sorting all the legalities of Dursan signing in January, we'll see

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

You've replied a bit late here, I've already speculated that i doubt the change in legislature will impact football transfers that much. We might have already started the process of sorting all the legalities of Dursan signing in January, we'll see

Boris has announced (this afternoon) that we should prepare to leave with no deal - if that's the case, then all bets are off as to how things will operate in January....

Shame for Hector-Ingram that we couldn’t give him a loan out. Would have been really good for his development to start getting some senior football under his belt, and would have given us a good indication as to the level he’s currently at, and whether he’s going to make it here or not.

But alas, because we’ve left ourselves so ridiculously short up front, we are going to have to keep him here as emergency cover. That isn’t really going to help him, or us. We really do outdo ourselves in transfer windows. Absolute Banter FC.

On 16/10/2020 at 11:50, Sparkle said:

He can’t sign in January unless the government change the rules - them days are now gone unless something changes on a national level

I know it means very little but would he be retweeting this if a deal in January looked unlikely/impossible? image.thumb.png.7bf3a7ace4aa16bcbe874e7b6c66a5fc.png

On 16/10/2020 at 16:06, Gaspode said:

Boris has announced (this afternoon) that we should prepare to leave with no deal - if that's the case, then all bets are off as to how things will operate in January....

I seriously doubt there will be any issue at all. Long before there was an EU there was never a barrier to a professional with a job to come to. The EFL might dream up some new rules about Johnny Foreigner players but the impediment to tax paying individuals from the government will be minor paperwork at worst. 

13 minutes ago, jono said:

I seriously doubt there will be any issue at all. Long before there was an EU there was never a barrier to a professional with a job to come to. The EFL might dream up some new rules about Johnny Foreigner players but the impediment to tax paying individuals from the government will be minor paperwork at worst. 

There was, which is why only the top internationals of major top ranking nations were given a visa and it would return to that unless the government choose something different 

Archived