Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

He's scored 10 goals in 69 appearances.  Granted a number of those are as substitute.  I don't know how many starts he's had.

I think he had one month under Lampard where he did well and then he did well against Leeds in the playoffs. 

I know he's carried injuries etc but he doesn't appear to have won the confidence of Lampard or Cocu

So best for all parties if he moves on in my opinion. 

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Approaching this window Cocu spoke about wanting a striker, a different type of option up front, then Martin left which really meant we needed 2, if Marriott left that would be 3, adding Kazim-Richards just about puts that number back down to 2.

So, Marriott out today and 2 strikers (forwards) in and I think we can just about cope for the season.

A quick edit to say I forgot about Duncan, perhaps he will be in and around the 1st team pretty sharpish.

Duncan is the one........i hope or we are totally in the you know what

27 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I thought Jack was the new Bobby Davison? 

Now he's a massive failure.

No shades of grey with Derby fans, we are 100% black and white!!

Not sure I want to be labelled as "grey" but I was one of those that thought Jack Marriott would be our new Bobby Davison. However, I do not think he's been a failure - I think it hasn't worked out for him at Derby because of injuries and the system we play. I think he would be great if we played with two up front.

So, I will be very disappointed if and when he does leave. That disappointment is lessened somewhat by the promise of Bobby Duncan. I have only read about his prospects, seen the odd YouTube clip, so not seen him myself but many people seem to have high hopes for him.

Again, I still think Duncan will need to be played as a second striker so two up front. I hope we go 4-3-3 with one winger and two AM.

The fact that we're in talks with Sheff Wed about a move for him would seem to indicate that he may not have a long term future here. He's in the last year of his contract, so he's either indicated that he won't extend for longer (which I wouldn't blame him for given his time here hasn't been a massive success), or he simply isn't in favour and we're prepared to let him go. Depending on how today goes we may never see him in a Derby shirt again.

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Have a horrible feeling it will click for him at some point. 

But also have a stronger feeling it will never click for him at Derby.

Unless it is for Sheff W at Pride Park - can see that.

I so much want Jack to be great and a goal a game striker, he runs on to the pitch with such enthusiasm, I now realise unfortunately that is the best thing he does

Well he was doing pretty well, then playing through the pain carrying his injury. He then has surgery and when he comes back he’s in a team that barely gets out it’s own half as an attacking force. Not really sure what he’s meant to do but I’d rather keep him than let him go to a rival, especially when we don’t have many striker options 

I have always wondered why we bought Jack.

He had a brilliant record at The Posh in a front two. But Lampard had no intention of playing him in a two and neither had Cocu. Clearly this dampened his effectiveness. Injuries have not helped but why buy a player who doesn't fit into your ethos then expect him to do a job that does fit your ethos.

Jack will score goals if played in the right way but he'll need to move elsewhere to find what he needs.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm not convinced he's even the best Colin at the club!

Can see us going 2 up top tonight with Kazim playing off Richards!

This signing has all the hallmarks of club legend though, when a derided signing actually turns out great. I remember the grief the club got for signing Eustace on a free. Joe Ledley did a good job for a while too. Remember buying Jake Buxton (who?) from a non-league team and the classic thread about a team with him in it couldn't get top 6.

I'm half glad Wilson hasn't returned. He still gets a bit if stick now, even though he scored loads of goals. If he hadn't been even better straight away, he'd be getting abuse on twitter within a fortnight.

Archived