Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Living off two good goals one against leeds in the playoffs the other against man united in the cup. Not much else. Fans love him for it but hardly been prolific 

He was prolific in a small run with Lampard. Looked a proper goal scorer and clinical finisher. 
just not continued which is a shame 

5 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

I could see Jack scoring goals playing off big Colin, but Cocu won’t play 2 up top, so to use another cliche, the writings on the wall for JM I’m afraid.

Also Frank Lampard stopped playing Jack due to a attitude problem, so let's not blame Cocu for this, think Jack needs a good look at himself in the mirror and say to himself  has he given his all for our great club, I for one will not be bothered if he left. 

Duncan is clearly the long term replacement for Marriott, so that is why we are considering letting him go.

So no panic over this move.

The lack of a Martin replacement and the lack of a quality midfielder incoming should be more concerning.

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Duncan is clearly the long term replacement for Marriott, so that is why we are considering letting him go.

So no panic over this move.

The lack of a Martin replacement and the lack of a quality midfielder incoming should be more concerning.

Not sure there's much wrong with midfield with everyone fit.  We've got Bielik, Rooney, Bird, Shinnie, Holmes, Knight, Evans and Sibley who can all play midfield

6 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Also Frank Lampard stopped playing Jack due to a attitude problem, so let's not blame Cocu for this, think Jack needs a good look at himself in the mirror and say to himself  has he given his all for our great club, I for one will not be bothered if he left. 

Not correct. Lampard was called out for hypocrisy after slamming Marriott for playing golf whilst injured, even though approved by the physio, but saying nothing to the other injured player who was also playing golf. 

Nowt to do with an attitude problem. 

Approaching this window Cocu spoke about wanting a striker, a different type of option up front, then Martin left which really meant we needed 2, if Marriott left that would be 3, adding Kazim-Richards just about puts that number back down to 2.

So, Marriott out today and 2 strikers (forwards) in and I think we can just about cope for the season.

A quick edit to say I forgot about Duncan, perhaps he will be in and around the 1st team pretty sharpish.

Archived