Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we let Marriott go without at least one replacement, it would have to go down as complete and utter mismanagement IMHO. 

We are lining ourselves up for total and utter failure.
Marriott is in his last year of his contract and we decide to loan him out to someone on our Division. We are out of options here in his position, he could go on to have a barnstormer at Wednesday and they lift him from us for duck all. 
#thederbyway

WTF is going on ????

Can't say I'm disappointed if jack goes out,he's hardly set the world alight here,certainly since Cocu took over and his goal tally is pretty woeful.

Having said that,in a 442 set up with him paired with a decent provider,he will do very well in sure but he just doesn't fit in a Cocu team set up which needs a target man to operate properly.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

and there are a wealth of teams our there who can effectively play  with 10 men, who can afford to exclude their striker from all build up up play but lay chance after chance on a silver platter for him?

We did it against Leeds

Not completely against this. Obviously has something about him but we’ve not seen a lot of it. Can’t say I’m confident he’ll stay fit and turn in to a goal machine. 

Wouldn’t let him go without another decent signing coming in though. 

I’d be happy enough to let Marriott go in theory. He’s not good enough at this level - too much of a one trick pony. Always a threat running on to through balls, but offers virtually nothing in general play. Like playing with 10 men most the time. 

My concern would be the severe lack of quality and depth this would leave us with up front. Our only senior strikers left would be Waghorn and Kazim-Richards. There isn’t enough numbers there imo, nor do I trust either really as first choice. I guess we have Hector-Ingram and arguably Whittaker too as options up front, but neither are particularly proven. We’re gonna struggle with those as our only options imo.

35 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Exactly. A one off game, a very open game, stretched, loads of space and with neither team paying any regard to defending. Marriott's second was with Leeds down to 10 men.

You can't play (you won't get) a whole season of games like that!

Last decent game he had for us. He won’t hit double figures this season, he sadly just isn’t that good. 

Good finisher but zero movement, no pace and just doesn’t get into goal scoring positions enough. Can’t wait for Waghorn back though, him as the focal point with any 3 of Ibe, Jozwiak, Wilson, Rooney, Sibley, Wilson behind is so exciting. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am not sure why some folks are getting all upperty - Marriott hardly ever starts and rarely scores and we clearly need strength up top 

Maybe because if Jack goes we don’t seem to have a fit striker for tomorrow....just maybe ?

Archived