Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Marriott for Wilson?

This would be possibly the stupidest move I've ever seen , we are low on strikers and potentially bringing in a 34 year old that has had a decent season up front , and potentially letting go our only senior striker that is ready to play currently? Hope Nixon is talking out of his 3rd eye like usual 

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Seriously? Our only fit striker for a winger? Would you suggest playing Wilson up front in the next game then??

You’d assume off the back of this we’ll have a striker lined up also. 

Never understood the love for Marriott, not shown much for 12 months at least and Waghorn will immediately go ahead of him in the pecking order when fit anyway. Rooneys ahead of him already. 

Says all we need to know when he’s our “only fit striker” and he gets 20 minutes against Norwich. Doesn’t suit the way we play and we’re better off offloading for someone better suited. 

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Seriously? Our only fit striker for a winger? Would you suggest playing Wilson up front in the next game then??

The problem is Marriott either can't or won't adapt to the system and Cocu won't adapt our system to Marriott. Therefore it's a bit irrelevant if he is our only senior striker because it patently isn't working 

If this means Wilson coming in, I'm all for it. I appreciate it's not a like for like exchange in terms of the positions they play but clearly Marriott isn't the one for us.

He gave us one of the greatest moments in recently history against Leeds, but not much else sadly. All hype, little end product. He's been our number one striker for the first few games of this season and hasn't set the world alight at all sadly.

I have no doubt he'll end up scoring for fun when he signs for a Championship rival, but sometimes it just isn't to be.

If Marriott goes and we could bring Wickham in, I think that suits our style much better. I really like Marriott but it would be a smart move.

Wickham, Waghorn & CKR (in that order) as striking options. JHI to go out on loan. Duncan to come in when ready. I think we’d be well stocked then.

Don’t understand this one? Waghorn has fitness issues and Rooney isn’t a striker anymore. 
With JHI not even making a start yet and this new geezer we have signed who’s 34, it’s a massive gamble letting Marriott go.

what happens if waggy gets injured again and JHI and the new guy don’t live up to expectations? Last season taught us that the months building up to XMAS are so important for the end of the season

Archived