Connor Wickham

inter politics

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest ? ... Waggy and Lawrence on the way back. Ibe, Joz, Booby D. The accademy boys getting better and stronger by the day ? 

I am not that worried. Think it will gel, yes it would be nice to have a big strong, deft, target man in his mid 20’s with something to prove but sometimes you have to save up for your favourite things. 

Would be great if there’s still a chance of this one happening. Probably the only striker we’ve been linked to that would have me excited. Injury issues have stunted his development, but I remember him being really highly regarded a few years ago. He’s obviously got the talent, so if we could get him fit then we could have a real player on our hands. Sadly with Kazim-Richards signing, I can’t see any more incomings before the deadline.

42 minutes ago, inter politics said:

This is the only possible I can think of happening today. His injury record doesn't fill me with much confidence though.

I hope we don’t - we need a mobile centre forward with strength not a tower similar to the Blackpool tower - been around years but looks broken 

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Do we?

Waggers, Rooney, Kazim-Richards, Duncan

Gives us some variety and options in approach - Not sure how many more we need

None of those are a replacement for Coldplay and that type of player that is needed for Cocu’s system..

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Do we?

Rooney is no longer a striker, the fact he had an average game in a poohouse formation against Norwich is irrelevant. If we use that tactic week in and week out we'll be put to the sword. Duncan could well be the boy wonder but he's been signed for the under 23's. Therefore I agree with Jimbo Ram that we're one striker light.

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Do we?

Waghorn is the only viable option for me and isn’t fit. Rooney was terrible up front against Norwich, if it wasn’t for his free kick he’d have done zero that game, he is not a striker anymore. Kazim Richards is 34 and Duncan unproven. So we can’t bank on this as our only striking options. We needed one in before we let Marriott go and CKR is surely not that answer? 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I hope we don’t - we need a mobile centre forward with strength not a tower similar to the Blackpool tower -  been around years but looks broken 

Always liked Wickham, got a good brain, and whist not the fastest he does at least make runs.

A lot of Palace fans rate him as their best striker, but Hodgson doesn't like him and injuries haven't helped. Been a decent impact player there as recently as last season regardless. 

24 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Nixon hints we are interested but I think he suffered an injury in training..

That would really be the icing on the cake - we let Marriott go with the intention of bringing Wickham in his place and Wickham gets crocked before he's even signed on the dotted line....

Archived