Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

13 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Sky Sports

“Harry Wilson is expected to leave Merseyside shortly and head for South Wales where he will undergo a medical in Cardiff this afternoon.“

.....is that allowed under the new Covid restrictions! ?

No it isn’t and he hasn’t got a job in Wales just an interview 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Much as I like having a Derby man owning the club it appears little progress has been made and the only way to compete now with the big boys is for a mega mega rich Russian, sheikh or similar to come in and buy the club. Otherwise we are just going to continue being a mid championship or worse would be club. If people are happy with this great but it saddens me. Sorry for the negativity but it's how I see it.

It saddens you that we are not a sports-washing project for a dictatorship, or a safe haven investment for a robber baron?

Football fans really are mad.

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Wilson is apparently on 60K

Thats the clear and obvious block that Cocu touched on. £1m loan fee and CCFC are paying his wages in full too (according to talksport) £1.8m wages is outside of our business model. I have no issue with this not happening is because of the reasons listed above. 
Liverpool doing very nicely out of this and they could raise interest in the player they don’t want all thanks to CCFC

£3-5m all-in to have a player for one year is a bit mad in the current climate. Don't blame the club at all for not meeting that.

He's a very entertaining player (and I'd of course have liked him here despite our work in the window) but he went missing often enough in his season with us that I feel confident in saying he's not going to be the difference between achieving promotion or not - which is the caliber of player you're looking for for that kind of money.

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

With the full details coming out we did the right thing. £60k a week is barmy for someone who’s not proved themselves at PL level. We still need an extra forward in though and us being sensible with this does not exclude this issue.

The fact Wilson is on 60k a week really highlights the problematic, and growing, disparity between the top of the pyramid and everyone else.

Wilson is a player Liverpool have been trying to offload, someone they don't see having a future at their club - and their "keep him at the club so we can try and get a decent fee" wage figure is 60 bloody grand a week.

Now that information is out there; I don't see any way he was coming to the Championship without joining a club with (the also absurd) parachute payments to offset the cost.

Where has Conway plucked that £5 million figure from?

I am not a mathematician but:

£1.2 million loan fee + £60,000 wages over 9 months = £3.4 million.

It seems an exaggerated figure that the club will be able to hide behind.

I am not really sure we have any room to take the high ground over ‘unsustainable’ deals anyway.

Rooney could easily be the highest paid player in the whole division, and what excellent value for money we are getting there, eh!

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

£1.2 loan fee + £60,000 wages over 9 months = £3.4 million.

I am not really sure we have any room to take the high ground over ‘unsustainable’ deals anyway.

Rooney could easily be the highest paid player in the whole division, and what excellent value for money we are getting there, eh!

But Rooney's wages are paid by 32Red aren't they?

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

£1.2 loan fee + £60,000 wages over 9 months = £3.4 million.

My maths was about 32 wks (working to the end of May) * 60k + £1.2m = £3.12m

Can't imagine there won't be some level of appearance/goal/some other clause bonuses. Agents fees bunged on top, perhaps?

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Footballers get payed yearly salaries, they don't get payed just for when they play. 

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It doesn't really matter whether it's 5 million or 3.4, does it? It's still an unreasonable amount to pay to borrow something.

The club does't pay Rooney's wages, do they?

Archived