Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I suspect Cardiff's was just better ?‍♂️

I would have loved to have Wilson back but he'd be icing rather than cake - We have Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ibe, Waggers, Rooney, Sibley and Whittaker who need game time across the front line - Getting enough game time between them would already be a challenge (when they're all fit) 

Would Wilson have been an improvement to our squad? Absolutely yes

Am I a little gutted he isn't coming back? Yes

Would I have wanted us to break the bank to make it happen? No

100% agree, we still have a very capable front 5/6 obviously we’d all love Harry back but if the deal is really worth 2+ million for a loan it’s a lot of money in these conditions, I’d rather come January we sign a player permanently for that 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Having signed Jozwiak and Ibe, Wilson seems to be overkill. Wouldn't say no, just seems unnecessary when we have no in form striker. 

Ibe is a gamble though and we will see how he does 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Wow to say I’m disappointed is a understatement.

Wheres all the cash gone from the sales of Bogle and Lowe? 

We got £8 million for the pair of them - we have signed jozwiak bryne Marshall Ibe Duncan and Richards with 3 youngsters for the under 23s - I would suspect it’s all been spent pretty much 

I wish people would stop asking where the money went for Lowe and Bogle!

We lose money every year. We have to offset the loses somehow and profit on players towards this is something we have to get used to until we get promoted and benefit from the riches of the Premier League (or parachute payments if we came back down!). 

Eight of Wilson's goals came from set pieces, we know he's a good player but he won't be taking set pieces so perhaps the (probably decent chunk of) money is better spent on a player that adds to the team in an area that we don't currently have someone doing a job for?

Much as I like having a Derby man owning the club it appears little progress has been made and the only way to compete now with the big boys is for a mega mega rich Russian, sheikh or similar to come in and buy the club. Otherwise we are just going to continue being a mid championship or worse would be club. If people are happy with this great but it saddens me. Sorry for the negativity but it's how I see it.

£1M + £60K per week wages is an awful lot to gamble for a club in our position - realistically, we're pushing for the play-offs this season, not automatic promotion so it doesn't make sense to splash that much money.

Cardiff will be aiming for top 2 and Wilson may be the difference for them - plus they've got the ridiculous parachute money to fritter away however they see fit. We're simply not in a position to compete financially with relegated teams.... 

Just now, Dappled Ram said:

Much as I like having a Derby man owning the club it appears little progress has been made and the only way to compete now with the big boys is for a mega mega rich Russian, sheikh or similar to come in and buy the club. Otherwise we are just going to continue being a mid championship or worse would be club. If people are happy with this great but it saddens me. Sorry for the negativity but it's how I see it.

Are you going to find us one ?

4 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

and get rid of FFP as it dosnt matter how rich you are if you cannot spend the money, personally I think FFP is a good thing but something needs to be done about parachute payment's as it gives relegated clubs too much of an advantage

14 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

It's not about the money that Mel has, it's about how much P&S allows him to spend. Why don't people get this?

Archived