Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So its probably safe to say he hasn't/isn't choosing Cardiff over us due to the style of play

No it's just we haven't put a decent offer on the table...yet. If we do and agree terms then I'd imagine Wilson would rather come here

I think right now we have had a 7/10 window.

It’s been largely encouraging and a step in the right direction.

There have been a few obvious missteps - not replacing Martin as yet and not signing a quality midfielder. 

There are big question marks over two or three of our signings - Ibe (based on his recent history), Te Wierik (based on what we’ve seen so far), and Kazim-Richards (based on everything) - but all of them could be bargains if they do well and the damage is fairly minimal if they don’t.

Adding Wilson would have made it a 9/10 window but I guess we can’t be greedy in the circumstances, can we?

We had him on loan the season before last, we asked about him last year as we wanted him back, but missed out as he went on loan to the prem. Due to a quirk of fate he is now available on loan and basically it's a case of the championship team who can agree terms with liverpool would be able get him.

Given the fact we have lost Martin, Jozefzoon etc and still havent signed that striker we desperately need, it's fair to say I'd be disappointed if we couldn't secure the signing of Wilson.

If we don't sign him it won't have been a bad window but considering we received a reported 10 mill for Lowe and Bogle, then it has been a very pound land window even though we signed Jozwiak. Maybe that's the way it will have to be, may have to just grin and bear midtable and Bristol going up with Martin and Wiemman and Wilson bagging for Cardiff. If that's coupled with Bamford being called up to the England squad and Leeds finish top 7 then we will be living in a sick and twisted reality. 

I think we need some perspective, yes it's not an exciting signing really even though he could be good but there's an article on the BBC Football page saying how up to 6 clubs could go bust in the championship before Christmas, we are lucky there's no chance one of those will be us and maybe a bit of financial prudency is sensible if we are unlikely to get promoted anyway. Saying that I'd love us to sign Wilson, just can't see that happening due to finances. Loosing Martin was a massive blow no matter how it's dressed up, but hopefully Ibe and Jozwiak will be that good for us this season that a lack of a big money striker won't matter. 

If we were seriously in for him I think he’d chose us. Not just because of the loan spell but he’ll also know then club and I won’t be surprised if he’s spoken to cocu already as cocu has been very open about his quality and open about how he wanted him last year. If we bid what they want we’ll get him. Question is if we really want him 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

The club doesn't have to pay a fee for the transfer itself so it's nothing substantial like the Jozwiak signing

We don't pay a fee to another club, but the players receive a bigger signing on fee and the agents normally cop for quite a bit more. 

well I sure we have asked but the loan fee of reported over 1 mill would surely see other clubs have more of a edge. 

also Liverpool will be looking to sell for upwards 20mill are Derby in a position to offer this I sadly I think not. 

hope I am wrong would love him back 

Got to view this window in the whole. The links this week with Wilson have got everyone excited and if we miss out then there will be a big feeling of disappointment but it’s easy to forget the good business we have done this window. The other thing to note with Wilson is if he doesn’t come, it’s because we can’t agree the finances with Liverpool and no other reason. 6 clubs saying they could go bust and another 8 talking about further redundancies puts things in perspective. These are tough times regardless of any P&S requirements.

There will also be those looking at Forest and seeing they’re throwing the kitchen sink at it. High risk high reward strategy and in these times seems crazy to me, it may work out for them, we tried it and and we failed and it’s set us back meaning we now need to cut our cloth accordingly. We should pay no attention to them and focus on ourselves. 

Archived