Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I think people forget how average Wilson was when Mount was out injured, and he was by himself. Have we got the same quality in the middle as we did with mount.  im not so sure we have .

Hard to say.  Sibley, Rooney I guess.

4 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I think people forget how average Wilson was when Mount was out injured, and he was by himself.

I don’t like this particular narrative.

Wilson is 23 but he is very young in his career.

When Wilson was here, he was in his first full season of competitive football at such a level, and what a long one it was too! 

We played 57 games across the season, which included two cup runs and a play-off run.

It was inevitable that Wilson would have good spells and poor spells, playing so regularly and at such high intensity.

How many players at that age and with that lack of experience can perform consistently week in, week out?

Mount, Tomori and Wilson and every quality player we have had in recent times have had to come through questionable and average-looking spells in the team.

That doesn’t take away from the fact they delivered some great times in a Derby shirt.

37 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I think people forget how average Wilson was when Mount was out injured, and he was by himself. Have we got the same quality in the middle as we did with mount.  im not so sure we have .

Wilson could score as.many goals as Marriott perhaps 

For me there’s no question he would be a great signing. I often thought he looked better than Mount for us.

Lets not forget he also scored something like 7 goals in 13 games for Hull the season before he came to us. 

I think if a Championship team manages to sign him then they’ve guaranteed themselves 20 assists/goals.

The frustrating part is what is £1/2m to Liverpool? It’s like 4 weeks wages for Salah. Hopefully they will compromise and see the benefit of letting him get in to form and being worth double what he is now. 

Archived