Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Gonna be THAT guy (again), where do we see him fitting in? We've singed Jozwiak and Ibe, Whittaker coming into form, Lawrence coming back from injury, there's a lot of healthy competition there (which is good, to an extent). 

Do we see Whittaker going out on loan perhaps? Or Wilson/Lawrence playing as the 10 

If we can’t get a number 9 then he fits. Put Rooney as number 9. Then your got plenty of players that can fill the 3 roles behind him. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see this almost as an alternative to a striker, if we haven’t found the one we are after.

Waghorn is fine playing centrally, he can link play reasonably well whilst not his strong suit and can score 10-15. Lawrence, Ibe, Jozwiak, Sibley, Wilson, Knight, Whittaker and some I have probably forgotten is an embarrassment of riches on the wings and at 10.

I have no idea if we have the cash for it, but being able to rotate in those positions would be great. If Lawrence is having a poor game it suddenly becomes no problem if you have Ibe or Jozwiak on the bench. It’s what we had under Mac 1 and it won us a lot of games

Also pretty funny that Forest have been linked with Wilson and Knockaert to play on the right. I thought Lolley was the best in the league there?

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I can see this almost as an alternative to a striker, if we haven’t found the one we are after.

Waghorn is fine playing centrally, he can link play reasonably well whilst not his strong suit and can score 10-15. Lawrence, Ibe, Jozwiak, Sibley, Wilson, Knight, Whittaker and some I have probably forgotten is an embarrassment of riches on the wings and at 10.

I have no idea if we have the cash for it, but being able to rotate in those positions would be great. If Lawrence is having a poor game it suddenly becomes no problem if you have Ibe or Jozwiak on the bench. It’s what we had under Mac 1 and it won us a lot of games

Also pretty funny that Forest have been linked with Wilson and Knockaert to play on the right. I thought Lolley was the best in the league there?

Well, we all know forest are short on players in all areas, the first team squad can barely cover the bench.

A sightly pessimistic view is that we won't get him back simply because we won't be willing to pay the fee and other teams will. Cardiff and Swansea have a good chance of getting him especially with him being Welsh. Although, if we do go in for him and he tells Liverpool he wants to go to Derby and nowhere else, he's ours.

I think that we've had our striker targets.

Dursun (Can't get him yet. Durmstadt wanted a replacement before letting him go. They couldn't get one)

Austin (Wants to stay at WBA)

David (Villa don't look like they're bringing a striker in so at the moment he's their second choice so they aren't letting him go)

If we can't get one that suits us or that we want then there's no point in getting one in for the sake of it. 

Cocu may be thinking about pushing Rooney forward. Having Rooney, Marriott, Waghorn and Duncan as the 4 strikers.

Hopefully bring Wilson in to play midfield. 

We'd only have to see through till January. Because I honestly think we'll sign Dursun then. (If we haven't agreed to already)

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

A sightly pessimistic view is that we won't get him back simply because we won't be willing to pay the fee and other teams will. Cardiff and Swansea have a good chance of getting him especially with him being Welsh. Although, if we do go in for him and he tells Liverpool he wants to go to Derby and nowhere else, he's ours.

Don't let Wayne phone him! 

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think that we've had our striker targets.

Dursun (Can't get him yet. Durmstadt wanted a replacement before letting him go. They couldn't get one)

Austin (Wants to stay at WBA)

David (Villa don't look like they're bringing a striker in so at the moment he's their second choice so they aren't letting him go)

If we can't get one that suits us or that we want then there's no point in getting one in for the sake of it. 

Cocu may be thinking about pushing Rooney forward. Having Rooney, Marriott, Waghorn and Duncan as the 4 strikers.

Hopefully bring Wilson in to play midfield. 

We'd only have to see through till January. Because I honestly think we'll sign Dursun then. (If we haven't agreed to already)

Pretty much said the same in another thread at the same time... 

I think this makes sense, because Ibe has played so little football in the past two years, so we can’t rely on him to be a regular starter just yet. He will be eased in and out of games.

Wilson can pretty much hit the ground running, as he’ll be coming to a club he knows well.

So we could have a three of Jozwiak, Lawrence and Wilson, with Waghorn or Marriott as the central striker.

This seems feasible if the Austin/Davis plan has stalled.

Just now, Jourdan said:

I think this makes sense, because Ibe has played so little football in the past two years, so we can’t rely on him to be a regular starter just yet. He will be eased in and out of games.

Wilson can pretty much hit the ground running, as he’ll be coming to a club he knows well.

So we could have a three of Jozwiak, Lawrence and Wilson, with Waghorn or Marriott as the central striker.

This seems feasible if the Austin/Davis plan has stalled.

Waghorn, Jozwiak, Lawrence and Wilson gets a lot of goals in this division. Ibe can offer a lot too. 

42 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't see this one happening, personally. He will go somewhere, but doubt it will be ourselves. Norwich looks to be the obvious choice for him. I expect Forest to put up the most money. 

If he goes to Norwich, they might then sell Cantwell to Leeds who then lose interest in Sibley.

I'd be happy with that since I would guess Liverpool will either be looking to sell or want a whopping loan fee. Either way, I would rather keep the money and strengthen in the striking area.

8 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Wilson and Rooney stood over the ball waiting to take a free kick will put fear into every defence and every goalkeeper in the league 

The thought of that ... oh my. 
Imagine, the team talk before the game of every opposition manager “do not foul”! 

I don’t get why people seem to think Cardiff and Swansea have a good chance because Wilson is Welsh. 

I doubt it has any bearing on his decision. He’ll want to go to a team that allow him to play to his strengths. 

Archived