Harry Wilson ?

Wignall12

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harry Wilson liked playing here because he lived with mason mount in lee grant’s old house, next door to keogh, and they got their dinners made for them and passed over the fence.

It’s hard to recreate that magic. 

30 minutes ago, Coconut said:

We weren't willing to pay £1.8 million for Dursun on a permanent basis, plus long contract.

Harry Wilson on loan would cost at least a £1m loan fee, for one season. Liverpool want a deal which would mean us paying £2m upfront and committing to another £8m-£14m next season, if we go up.

We aren't likely to go up, so the fee to bring him in on loan for one season would be higher than if Liverpool thought that was likely, because they want to make as much money as possible from him.

I'm sorry but that is above that we can afford, even if it was / is his desire to come back here. That's the reality of the situation.

His individual impact on team performance is also overstated, and it wouldn't be worth out while paying that sort of money for him.

Someone said same then looked what happened and will happen again.

As much as I loved his goals for us a couple of seasons ago, I just don’t think we have a need for him now. We have Jozwiak, Ibe, Lawrence and Holmes for the wide positions.
Whilst he’d be in the team every time over Holmes and possibly the other three for the wide positions, that doesn’t do us much good without a decent central striker.

So, if it’s instead of a striker, it’s a no from me. If it’s as well as, then yea, all day long. 

37 minutes ago, Coconut said:

https://theathletic.com/2121228/2020/10 ... vis-vydra/

(Link probably doesn't work, can't be bothered to update it)

That's based on German reports, but we know from them we had certain bids rejected and wouldn't or couldn't increase them, for a player central to Cocu's play.

Ryan Conway is generally reliable and he is without a doubt connected within the club, goes to the games at PPS even when the public can't. He's not always accurate but again, generally reliable.

We've signed Jozwiak & Ibe for the wide positions. I don't really see a reason we'd go out of our way to pay money for a player in a now non-essential position.

Just trying to think in logical , realistic terms. Of course I'd be delighted if we did sign him, but I'd still have my doubts about how he fits and how much we'd committed to paying based on some nostalgia and how he performed in a team completely different to this one.

His link play is brilliant plus his free kicks

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

that's cos we were playing United and he was young, British and on loan from Liverpool, AND it was the Lampard show.

Go an watch the Idiakez freekicks, don't rely on sycophantic commentators and pundits ffs, I expect much better from you! lol

Take a look at this: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/08/every-Derby-county-goal-harry-wilson

Happily, even his penalties are better than Idiakez, though both of their spot kicks helped us through to the playoff final!

35 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

As much as I loved his goals for us a couple of seasons ago, I just don’t think we have a need for him now. We have Jozwiak, Ibe, Lawrence and Holmes for the wide positions.
Whilst he’d be in the team every time over Holmes and possibly the other three for the wide positions, that doesn’t do us much good without a decent central striker.

So, if it’s instead of a striker, it’s a no from me. If it’s as well as, then yea, all day long. 

We got to the playoffs under Lampard with Waghorn as a striker and Wilson our wide. Waghorn was signed as a striker so lets use him there. He can do the job for 3 months at least.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We got to the playoffs under Lampard with Waghorn as a striker and Wilson our wide. Waghorn was signed as a striker so lets use him there. He can do the job for 3 months at least.

Waghorn's not brilliant, but he's better than quite a lot of the players we've been linked with. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Waghorn's not brilliant, but he's better than quite a lot of the players we've been linked with. 

Good workrate for the high press, strong & not too bad in the air. Finishing not always the best and not blessed with height but we signed him off the back of a season playing upfront on his own (i think?) for Ipswich and then got to the playoffs under Lampard with him there.

For 3 months he can do the jobs if we cant get anyone else in.

Archived