Harry Wilson ?

Wignall12

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

nowhere near Idiakez level. Wilson has a smaller range.

Of course we all loved Idiakez but young Harry is at a different level - pretty much to anyone. When he scored against Man Utd the pundits were comparing it with Ronaldo's very best and saying Harry's was better. But the thing was, that wasn't a one-off. He did it over and over again. From all ranges and angles.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Of course we all loved Idiakez but young Harry is at a different level - pretty much to anyone. When he scored against Man Utd the pundits were comparing it with Ronaldo's very best and saying Harry's was better. But the thing was, that wasn't a one-off. He did it over and over again. From all ranges and angles.

that's cos we were playing United and he was young, British and on loan from Liverpool, AND it was the Lampard show.

Go an watch the Idiakez freekicks, don't rely on sycophantic commentators and pundits ffs, I expect much better from you! lol

10 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

One of them has definitely joined the wrong Zoom meeting.  I think we all know who ?

Oh no, he's still in the Brunny nursing an ever warming pint of Tramps piss, isn't he?

The others are a few doors up, enjoying a full service evening at Bubbles after scoring bottles of Lambrini from the offie next door.

Yes all day long - he scored 18 goals for us - can we afford it - probably not but I would try 

when we played him wide he was ok - a bit like Ince, you know cut inside shoot score some but for me when we were very short in midfield and he played there attacking wise he was sensational in that the opposition had to foul him or he was simply shooting on target ! 

We were actually very decent with Marriott up top and waghorn wide right and Lawrence wide left and they are still here with Wilson running from midfield and when you add jozwiak and possibly Ibe into the mix life becomes very interesting 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think Waghorm could play upfront on his own til Jan at least, with a 3 of Jozwiak Wilson Lawrence Ibe Rooney Holmes Sibley Whittaker Knight behind him I think we could get away with signing Wilson instead of a striker

Waghorn signed as a forward not a winger so lets get our moneys worth. With Marriott Rooney JHI and Duncan as backup. Plus Ibe used to be a striker so may be abke to do a job from time to time

If Harry Wilson is available on a loan, with a few to buy if promoted, you say yes. I will remember his time here fondly, but alongside the free kicks and long range strikes, he is a player that is still developing and has some average aspects to his game.

He won’t set the league alight in Cocu’s system, in my opinion, but he would still be good enough to give us extra impetus going forward.

27 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think the lad is coming home even said that Derby felt like home and plus he has unfinnished busniess at Derby.

We weren't willing to pay £1.8 million for Dursun on a permanent basis, plus long contract.

Harry Wilson on loan would cost at least a £1m loan fee, for one season. Liverpool want a deal which would mean us paying £2m upfront and committing to another £8m-£14m next season, if we go up.

We aren't likely to go up, so the fee to bring him in on loan for one season would be higher than if Liverpool thought that was likely, because they want to make as much money as possible from him.

I'm sorry but that is above that we can afford, even if it was / is his desire to come back here. That's the reality of the situation.

His individual impact on team performance is also overstated, and it wouldn't be worth out while paying that sort of money for him.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That's news.

I thought the commonly held belief was that his club wouldn't sell because they didn't have time to find a replacement.

https://theathletic.com/2121228/2020/10 ... vis-vydra/

(Link probably doesn't work, can't be bothered to update it)

That's based on German reports, but we know from them we had certain bids rejected and wouldn't or couldn't increase them, for a player central to Cocu's play.

Ryan Conway is generally reliable and he is without a doubt connected within the club, goes to the games at PPS even when the public can't. He's not always accurate but again, generally reliable.

We've signed Jozwiak & Ibe for the wide positions. I don't really see a reason we'd go out of our way to pay money for a player in a now non-essential position.

Just trying to think in logical , realistic terms. Of course I'd be delighted if we did sign him, but I'd still have my doubts about how he fits and how much we'd committed to paying based on some nostalgia and how he performed in a team completely different to this one.

Archived