Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County

HuddersRam

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This book is going places, @HuddersRam.

I ordered it to my home home (i.e. non-uni address) and my mum saw it and decided to get a copy as a Christmas present for her partner, who I'm still yet to meet!

You need to edit that last sentence before someone proclaims to be your mums new partner. I'm far too mature to enter into any such childish behaviour. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I ordered it to my home home (i.e. non-uni address) and my mum saw it and decided to get a copy as a Christmas present for her partner, who I'm still yet to meet!

Yeah you properly walked into it with that last sentence ?

Great to hear though mate! What better way to bond than over the various rants of Billy Davies?

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Maybe she bought it for her partner as they are in the book? Jeremy Keith perhaps? He's in the loft now looking for your old train set.

Finally able to start reading mine today, and I’m already on page 95.

Having just read two Clough biographies this tale of crisis after crisis is fascinating but wearing. There seem to be many parallels with current events, especially the period where we threw money at a veteran striker and then wanted to compound the error by making Ravanelli manager.

It’s well researched. Well written. Just Spotted one tiny error. Tommy smith came from Sunderland not Watford.

still. It’s interesting to read the story of our recent history. 

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Finally able to start reading mine today, and I’m already on page 95.

Having just read two Clough biographies this tale of crisis after crisis is fascinating but wearing. There seem to be many parallels with current events, especially the period where we threw money at a veteran striker and then wanted to compound the error by making Ravanelli manager.

It’s well researched. Well written. Just Spotted one tiny error. Tommy smith came from Sunderland not Watford.

still. It’s interesting to read the story of our recent history. 

Good effort on getting that far already! And poor effort from me on what I will now deem the Tommy Smith Crisis. Still, if that's the biggest error, I'm quite happy with that!

Hope you're enjoying it @RamNut , keep me informed on what you think

I finished it last night.

Much better than I expected to be honest. 
probably one of the best books on the history of the club, not just because it covers recent history but the judgements and assessments are fair. Some of the facts revealed are quite shocking.
it’s hard work reliving what in hindsight reads as repetitive failure with few notable exceptions. I’ll probably read it again over xmas as there is so much content. The biggest lesson for me - Giles Barnes - comes out really well and badly treated. I didn’t expect that.

I agreed with the final line btw.