Baba Rahman

Heisenberg

If this and the Clarke-Salter rumour are true, then it suggests 5 at the back will be our first choice formation. This may even be a result of missing out on our preferred CF targets. Forsyth isn't a wing back, and we need more than just Davies as the central CB, so both signings would make sense.

Byrne/Wisdom   te Wierik/Evans   Clarke-Salter/Davies   Clarke/Forsyth   Buchanan/Rahman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If this and the Clarke-Salter rumour are true, then it suggests 5 at the back will be our first choice formation. This may even be a result of missing out on our preferred CF targets. Forsyth isn't a wing back, and we need more than just Davies as the central CB, so both signings would make sense.

Byrne/Wisdom   te Wierik/Evans   Clarke-Salter/Davies   Clarke/Forsyth   Buchanan/Rahman

Can we have both Salter and Rahman? Thought it was either or with the new rules.

First time we’ve been linked after most reports linked Watford and Boro only.

That being said, he would be an obvious improvement on the left back position. It’s a long season and Buchanan could still feature heavily as a deputy, but it would certainly take a lot of pressure off the lad.

If Clarke-Salter were to come in too, we could afford to let Forsyth go.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't know whether he's any good or not but has only scored 3 senior goals in almost 150 senior appearances, though not a prime requisite for a FB in my book. Apparently Jozefzoon is brilliant in training yet Cocu sidelines him so there's got to be a reason.

True. But he's an attacking FB, who can also, shock horror, defend.  The fact he remains a Chelski player says a lot about his quality I think.  Don't get me wrong I like Buchanan, but with so many young players in the first team, he'd give us a lot of experience, which Buchanan can learn from.  He'd suit a back 5 formation too.  Probably nothing in it anyway.

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If Watford are interested then we will have to pay decent wages maybe 25k a week, will be worth it if he is a good improvement on Buchanan and Forsyth which you'd 100% expect if not he would be nowhere near Chelsea.

According to this he is on £4.5 million a year, £86,000/week. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 16.34.56.jpg

22 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We wouldn't pay him any more than 30k a week I don't think so he would have to take a pay cut or Chelsea pay the rest. 

You might not, but we nearly paid more than that for the Leicester defender last season. There's certainly a touch of Darren Anderton about him, in his fifth year at Chelsea, loaned for four of them, only 119 appearances in eight professional years, 29 in the last four. 

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

You might not, but we nearly paid more than that for the Leicester defender last season. There's certainly a touch of Darren Anderton about him, in his fifth year at Chelsea, loaned for four of them, only 119 appearances in eight professional years, 29 in the last four. 

What Leicester defender? 

38 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Benkovic ?

I missed the nearly part, can't see us paying big wages with our current situation but if we do and he's the difference and we go up I wouldn't care. The fact he was playing at schalke a few years ago and was on loan in La liga last season to me suggests he should be a good player at this level. 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

What Leicester defender? 

Maybe Bristol gazumped us and that is why they got him ahead of us this January, but he was earning £32,000 a week when with them. Jimmy Hill has got a lot to answer for when, in 1957, as chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), he abolished the maximum wage and Johnny Haynes's wages went from £20 a week to £100.

When you read about Harry McGuire and his jolly, that he, Jesse Lingard etc were jumping from one expensive Greek nightclub to a more expensive one all night and were paying £10,000 a bottle that you can get at Tesco for £35, it just shows you what plonkers they turn out to be when let loose with money. That night out added up to over £160,000 and that's not including the bribes. Jack Marriott, for one, his 10 goals could cost Derby £618,000 each one.

Goals, priceless, they soon will be!

Nakki Wells was another that turned down a loan move here. That's a few bob saved for Mel.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 18.19.50.jpg

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We wouldn't pay him any more than 30k a week I don't think so he would have to take a pay cut or Chelsea pay the rest. 

We wouldn’t be paying half of that - all of this money from only one person MM 

3 hours ago, Macintosh said:

Maybe Bristol gazumped us and that is why they got him ahead of us this January, but he was earning £32,000 a week when with them. Jimmy Hill has got a lot to answer for when, in 1957, as chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), he abolished the maximum wage and Johnny Haynes's wages went from £20 a week to £100.

When you read about Harry McGuire and his jolly, that he, Jesse Lingard etc were jumping from one expensive Greek nightclub to a more expensive one all night and were paying £10,000 a bottle that you can get at Tesco for £35, it just shows you what plonkers they turn out to be when let loose with money. That night out added up to over £160,000 and that's not including the bribes. Jack Marriott, for one, his 10 goals could cost Derby £618,000 each one.

Goals, priceless, they soon will be!

Nakki Wells was another that turned down a loan move here. That's a few bob saved for Mel.

image.png.fffa278c25430aae623855e1dffb5159.png

Archived