Do we play bobby duncan against watford

B4ev6is

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Whittaker is most effective off the bench at the moment coming on when defenders are fatiguing. Midfield players need to get the ball to Jack where he wants it and tells them not turn away and play back and sideways. With returning players and the new signings that should improve. 

Sorry for mentioning what I would like

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It was selby that had with draw from england under 20s but thats why I am thinking bobby duncan could play a part against plus give emlement of suprise of attack.

I suspect this move would surprise Derby’s midfield and defence.

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Whittaker isn’t physical enough yet to play the striker role - let’s all be honest we need a no.9 ASAP

He scores goals for U23s, he gets in squad, he comes on as a sub, he scores, he plays for first team. Up to him to score goals. Probably as fit as needed in a couple of weeks.

17 hours ago, Rampant said:

Just to whet your appetite B4, my mate is a big Liverpool fan and absolutely raves about Duncan having watched most of his performances. 

I'm confident we've made a brilliant signing and can't wait to see him in action.

Imagine if Whittaker and Duncan could both replicate their success at youth level into success at senior level. In 18/19 Whittaker had 18 goals and 12 assists in the youth league and Duncan had 18 goals and 6 assists.

16 hours ago, GenBr said:

Imagine if Whittaker and Duncan could both replicate their success at youth level into success at senior level. In 18/19 Whittaker had 18 goals and 12 assists in the youth league and Duncan had 18 goals and 6 assists.

We can but hope so mate. It's certainly an exciting signing and of the type I'd like us to make more regularly.

It's gone kinda quiet on the Duncan front since he joined. 

I'm wondering just how unfit he was. 

Seems he isn't fit enough to play for anybody just now but he's young and should get up to speed soon. 

I'd love to see an article saying he's ripping it up in training and demanding a starting berth. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

It's gone kinda quiet on the Duncan front since he joined. 

I'm wondering just how unfit he was. 

Seems he isn't fit enough to play for anybody just now but he's young and should get up to speed soon. 

I'd love to see an article saying he's ripping it up in training and demanding a starting berth. 

What a coincidence...

78F4C813-2F5A-4B72-A0C4-32C4D475B7DE.jpeg

On 08/10/2020 at 02:13, Rampant said:

Just to whet your appetite B4, my mate is a big Liverpool fan and absolutely raves about Duncan having watched most of his performances. 

I'm confident we've made a brilliant signing and can't wait to see him in action.

This.  My Liverpool mate said exactly the same thing.  Whether he's ready now though is questionable but if we don't make a signing in the next week then he's definitely an option worth trying.  Nothing ventured and all that. 

16 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

This.  My Liverpool mate said exactly the same thing.  Whether he's ready now though is questionable but if we don't make a signing in the next week then he's definitely an option worth trying.  Nothing ventured and all that. 

And that's the issue, if Cocu plays Duncan, unfit, not yet 'sharp' etc everyone slates the lad (insert usual vitriol from this forum for being unfit and not ready etc) and also Cocu for playing him (insert usual vitriol again) I doubt therefore that Cocu will gamble, yet, but soon the lad will get his chance ?

Archived