Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

We look good in parts and there’s plenty of effort!

Everyones having a decent game except Holmes, he’s getting into the right positions but his end product/decision making has been so poor, expect to see him replaced by Lawrence or Whittaker early in the second half!

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

"Watford having the better game and Derby happy to just be in it"??? What game has Aidy Boothroyd been watching? Because it's obviously not this one!

What Aidy Boothroyd, ex Watford manager?

I don't like playing for 0-0s, and I don't think that's what we're doing - however 0-0 would be far from a bad result. After the Blackburn disaster, a clean sheet against Norwich and Watford would be hugely encouraging for Cocu and boost confidence so much within the defence after a terrible day.

We can try and open up a bit and go for it in teams where we have the upper hand quality wise, however in the last couple games that hasn't been the case. If we manage a 1-0 win playing the exact same way as the first half, I think any complaints post-game would be complaining for the sake of it. 

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well it’s 0-0 and we have Lawrence, Whittaker and JHI on the bench.

They are all more likely to score than the starting eleven.

There’s still hope! 

I laughed at your first line and then I realised your second line is actually correct!

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm really enjoying this game, I'm on my 4th Morretti and 2nd glass of wine, so that may have an influence, but i have enjoyed it.

Every pass we make seems to have purpose.

I'm very disappointed in our lack of activity this week, but I'm very happy with what I've seen tonight.

image.gif.0bc27a849030ab106406b3d4eb75afbe.gif

Archived