Will the "Cocu outers" give us some respite?

IslandExile

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Frank Lampard has captained Chelsea and England..... winning titles. Your point is?

And people shouldn't call him clueless or a clown.

The vast majority of these people have worked in a factory or an office all their lives. Which is fine, but don't call these elite people clueless.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's a difference between valid criticism and the disrespect people have shown towards him.

As I said the other day, the man has captained Barcelona and the Netherlands, as well as winning three Eredivise titles, and people are calling him clueless and a clown. They can duck off.

What's wrong with calling him clueless? Not that I think he is, but is that not just an opinion? Might not be one you agree with, but what gives you a right to tell any fan to duck off? Get off your high horse. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

What's wrong with calling him clueless? Not that I think he is, but is that not just an opinion? Might not be one you agree with, but what gives you a right to tell any fan to duck off? Get off your high horse. 

Let me know when you win three Dutch titles mate.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's a difference between valid criticism and the disrespect people have shown towards him.

As I said the other day, the man has captained Barcelona and the Netherlands, as well as winning three Eredivise titles, and people are calling him clueless and a clown. They can duck off.

So people's reactions to watching things they don't like is disrespectful, but you reacting to them and telling them to duck off is okay because they didn't win the Eredivisie. 

Hmmm

Just now, goldstar said:

So people's reactions to watching things they don't like is disrespectful, but you reacting to them and telling them to duck off is okay because they didn't win the Eredivisie. 

Hmmm

Don't know how many times I have to say it. Criticising him is fine. But the level of disrespect certain posters have shown him is an absolute disgrace, and should 100% be called out.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't know how many times I have to say it. Criticising him is fine. But the level of disrespect certain posters have shown him is an absolute disgrace, and should 100% be called out.

But you're telling people to duck off? You sound like an elitist mate, everyone's equal. 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Again, I'm not saying I'd do a better job, nor do I think he's clueless or a clown, but appealing to authority is a bad way to argue. Bielsa has won less than Cocu, yet in my opinion is the better manager. 

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Oh god. People quite rightly can only judge someone on what they see not on past glories. 

Look at getting a new job - your past achievements or recommendations help you get that position but counts for nowt if you then don't perform in that role -unless your working in a very, very forgiving industry. Or you're related to your boss ?

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sorry, but who are you to dismiss people’s opinions and feelings? 

Just because you find those opinions disagreeable, it’s disrespectful to label them as snide digs. 

You did know we were in the bottom three right? Struggling to score? Unable to defend? Not creating chances? Well, how does someone discuss such negative results and performances without being somewhat negative by default????

A discussion involves listening/reading what the other person says.

As I keep saying, but you seem to ignore, I welcome others' different points of view. It's the constant, negative sniping - with no constructive purpose - that has taken its toll on me.

Just now, Andicis said:

Again, I'm not saying I'd do a better job, nor do I think he's clueless or a clown, but appealing to authority is a bad way to argue. Bielsa has won less than Cocu, yet in my opinion is the better manager. 

I also think Bielsa is the better manager.

My whole point is that it's incredibly disrespectful and stupid to call Cocu clueless when he's achieved more than 99.999% of the entire forum in his life. If he's clueless, then everyone here is a bum.

Just as we shouldn't overreact after one bad defeat, perhaps we should also try not to overreact to one win and act like everything is hunky dory?

Long way to go. Lots of ups and downs to come, and whether you like Cocu or not, we all just want to see Derby win.

I'm personally delighted we're going into the two week break with a win. Plenty of time for players to get fit and return from injury, too.

It should be all positivity right now!

Can we just stop with this endless Cocu debate, time will tell. It's not about being right or wrong, we all want the best for the club. You're allowed to change your opinion. Let's just enjoy the win today. The manager got it spot on with his team changes and tactics. The players mentality was right, there was grit in that performance. This is something to build on. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Oh god. People quite rightly can only judge someone on what they see not on past glories. 

Look at getting a new job - your past achievements or recommendations help you get that position but counts for nowt if you then don't perform in that role -unless your working in a very, very forgiving industry. Or you're related to your boss ?

Just don't call him clueless or a clown. It's really not hard. Show some ducking respect.

I also think Bielsa is the better manager.

My whole point is that it's incredibly disrespectful and stupid to call Cocu clueless when he's achieved more than 99.999% of the entire forum in his life. If he's clueless, then everyone here is a bum.

ducking hell. I don't have to be an F1 driver to see that if the driver has crashed into a barrier, they've not had a good drive. You don't have to be a football manager to have an opinion on the job they're doing. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

ducking hell. I don't have to be an F1 driver to see that if the driver has crashed into a barrier, they've not had a good drive. You don't have to be a football manager to have an opinion on the job they're doing. 

I'll say it for about the 24th time.

Criticism is fine. Questioning his tactics is fine. Questioning his team selection is fine.

Calling him a clown isn't. Calling him clueless isn't. Talking about a potential replacement isn't.

Not hard.

Very good and unexpected result today and it seems that everyone has enjoyed it. ...A couple of new players and a few returning ones and we will be well placed to compete again. It's a tough League and we haven't got sufficient depth when we're hit by injuries.

I'll say it for about the 24th time.

Criticism is fine. Questioning his tactics is fine. Questioning his team selection is fine.

Calling him a clown isn't. Calling him clueless isn't. Talking about a potential replacement isn't.

Not hard.

Again, talking about a replacement is fine. Saying you think he's clueless is fine. Calling him a clown is a little offensive. The first two are just what fans in sports do. Stop policing what is or isn't okay for fans to talk about. I don't remember electing you to be in charge. 

Just don't call him clueless or a clown. It's really not hard. Show some ducking respect.

I totally agree with you and posted the same yesterday that personal insults are out of order.

However my original point still stands, past achievements count for nothing when you're third bottom of the league, scored one goal and can't create chances for toffee. You can only comment on what you see. Whatever you've done before in your career has no bearing whatsoever.

Whether his experience of winning those titles in Holland is enough to galvanise us and drag us to a position where we should be pushing for the top 6 is now up for debate. We'll see. 

Just now, Andicis said:

You're completely missing his point. It's not the anti-Cocu opinion that he's taking issue with but the manner in which some posters express it.

Archived