Unexpected moments with a Ram

In_The_Dark_Ram

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My eldest sister claims to have dated a Rams legend around the time he was helping us carry around the Champions of England Trophy, (but before scoring a wonder goal at the WC Finals), but as I have since found out that, according to the internet, he was already married when he came to Derby, I best not name him again!  

I think there is enough of a clue there ?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Pissing next to Will Hughes...

Oh!  How could I have forgotten!

...I won one of those VIP matchday wotsits a few years back... My half time pi55 had be stood at the urinals, when I heard the unmistakable dulcet  tones of the wee Scottish legend that is Archie Gemmill, who was now stood to my immediate right.  His conversation was literally aimed right through me, to one Mr L Pickering, who was stood the other side of me!

I could have stood there all day, tool in hand!  It was how I imagine heaven to be!  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh!  How could I have forgotten!

...I won one of those VIP matchday wotsits a few years back... My half time pi55 had be stood at the urinals, when I heard the unmistakable dulcet  tones of the wee coming out of the bladder belonging to the Scottish legend that  is Archie Gemmill, who was now stood to my immediate right.  His conversation was literally aimed right through me, to one Mr L Pickering, who was stood the other side of me!

I could have stood there all day, tool in hand!  It was how I imagine heaven to be!  

FTFY

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I plucked up the courage to approach, and shake the hand of one Mr Cocu, at the model Village in Bourton on the Water, just minutes before the 2020 virus lockdown kicked in.  I haven't washed that hand since!

This is the best one for who you met and where you met.

My friend bought Lee Carsleys house when we sold him....he had to paint every room as they all had motivational slogans on every wall in every room and when he ripped out the built in wardrobes in the bedroom he found a load of press photos of Carsley and a Ireland shirt stuffed down there....they are now stuffed behind my wardrobe somewhere.

36 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

My friend bought Lee Carsleys house when we sold him....he had to paint every room as they all had motivational slogans on every wall in every room and when he ripped out the built in wardrobes in the bedroom he found a load of press photos of Carsley and a Ireland shirt stuffed down there....they are now stuffed behind my wardrobe somewhere.

Slavery is illegal.

Even worse that you sold, of all people, your friend.

Got about 3 of these.

When I was younger, my sister took me to the old Ramarena to try get autographs after the players had finished training. I ended getting a few, but when trying to get Russell Hoults, he acquired my sisters mobile number instead and they ended up dating for a few months.

Giles Barnes took my ex of me... 

I had Pesch behind me in a que at game in Derby when buying the new Xbox 360 on release 

Very few times and nothing of any real interest or consequence.

Stimac & Asanovic's kids coming to my junior school, with the players being mobbed in the playground. I seem to remember one of them ruffling my hair.

Stephen Pearson in Kingsway M&S, phone glued to his ear, pretending he was on a call so he didn't have anyone speak to him.

Forsyth & family walking up Belper high street during a food festival.

Wisdom walking on crutches up Wembley Way for the Villa PO final.

As I said, non-stories.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw Nigel back in the mid nineties dj- ing in Kavos with his Derby shirt on, then played with him a few times when he had packed up and was living round Abbey Street. Normally he played 45 with a hangover scored 2/ made 2 and sat out the second half.

Also played against Kenny Burns on a Sunday in the Taverners league.  I'm sure it was Sobers off Kedleston Road he played for.

Took him about 10 minutes of puffing and me running past him for him to work me out, then he constantly won the ball of me without seeming to move.

Hes a great lad Cally

I was in a pub years ago in leamington and spotted Paul Williams out with a few of the Coventry players, I went over and said alright Josie, at which he said how do you know that nickname and I explained I was a Derby fan at which he said he would buy me a drink.

It then went downhill quite quickly, I was a bit drunk and a bit star struck that a professional footballer was buying me a drink, so when he stuck his thumb out to the bar man and said ‘exsqueeze me’ my brain said, 'grab his thumb, he wants you to grab his thumb and he’s going to fart or something’…not that he was just getting said barkeeps attention.

So I grabbed his thumb at which point he looked confused at me, instead of letting go of his thumb my brain piped up again and said ‘keep hold of his thumb, it will be fine…in fact why not do a weird little nerdy laugh too and stare at him’

I’m not sure how long I held his thumb, but i remember thinking 'just let go of his thumb' but didn't it seemed a long time….i took my pint and scuttled back to my mate I was with who said ‘How did that go and why were you holding his thumb’

I still cringe now

Met Marco Gabbiadini on Markeaton park when I was out with the wife and son and he was with his wife and daughter many moons ago. Lovely bloke, we sat outside the cafe and had a drink and a chat.

Met Roy Mac when I went with an ex to the Royal Crown Derby Xmas do. His wife worked for them and talked him into handing out raffle prizes. Neither missus was happy as we stood chatting at the bar for half hour while they sat waiting for drinks.

Archived