Unexpected moments with a Ram

In_The_Dark_Ram

I was surprised to see Phillip Cocu run past our house the other day, which got me thinking of unexpected encounters with players and managers.

My mum tells a story about when she played hockey with Rachael Heyhoe Flint in the late 60s when Rachael was captain, living next door to Brian Clough, and they shared a ‘party line’ - another age when two neighbours shared a single phone line, but with different numbers.

My mum was on the phone to Rachael talking hockey when Brian picked up and demanded they get off the line as he needed to speak to Roy Macfarland. Unexpected!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was once waiting to cross the road and Ted McMinn drove past. 
that was pretty special.

and another time I was walking the dog round Allestree Park and I think I saw Rob Hulse with his wife and his kid in a push Chair. It might not have been him but I like to think that it was. 

crazy.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Quite a few current players have played golf at the same club I play at. Never really bumped into any of them, but have played with players in groups in front/behind me. Was also in the changing rooms with Chris Martin once, which I suspect is something @RoyMac5 dreams of...

Where do you play?

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

I was once waiting to cross the road and Ted McMinn drove past. 
that was pretty special.

and another time I was walking the dog round Allestree Park and I think I saw Rob Hulse with his wife and his kid in a push Chair. It might not have been him but I like to think that it was. 

crazy.

Bloody big push chair

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

There was this one time when I had an unexpected moment with a Ram, but as I was wandering a field in my wellies at the time... in the dark... perhaps it shouldn't have been so unexpected, in hindsight!

Anyway, I don't like to talk about it!   

Were you the giver or the receiver?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

There was this one time when I had an unexpected moment with a Ram, but as I was wandering a field in my wellies at the time... in the dark... perhaps it shouldn't have been so unexpected, in hindsight!

Anyway, I don't like to talk about it!   

Why is there a field in your wellies? 

Since this thread has morphed into 'Derby players I happened to see once', I can offer Gary Micklewhite and his wife(?) waiting to see Batman at the cinema in 1989, and Mark Wright and Paul Blades having a drink in the Old Silk Mill, c.1990. Exciting stuff.

Archived