Isaac Hutchinson - signed on a 2-year deal

tomsdubs

14 hours ago, TexasRam said:

How big is our U23 squad!

Assuming Idem, JBrown, Trialist and Duncan are still U23 players and the likes of Solomon and Ibrahim are still U18s (but playing for the U23s)... just 20 players deep (4 keepers)

Goalkeepers: Idem, Yates, Foster, Halwax
Defenders: McDonald, Ebosele, Wassall, Minkley, Bateman, Cashin
Midfielders: JBrown, Dixon, LThompson
Wingers: Shonibare, Archie, Wilson
Forwards: Trialist, Cresswell, Stretton, Duncan

The U18s squad is equally as small:

Goalkeepers: Roberts, Randle
Defenders: Bardell, Solomon, Jinkinson, Rutt, Christie, Grewal-Pollard
Midfielders: Aghatise, Matthews, Rogers, SThompson, Preez de Gracia, Ibrahim
Wingers: Borkovic, Williams, Caprani, Brailsford
Forwards: Cybulski

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Assuming Idem, JBrown, Trialist and Duncan are still U23 players and the likes of Solomon and Ibrahim are still U18s (but playing for the U23s)... just 20 players deep (4 keepers)

Goalkeepers: Idem, Yates, Foster, Halwax
Defenders: McDonald, Ebosele, Wassall, Minkley, Bateman, Cashin
Midfielders: JBrown, Dixon, LThompson
Wingers: Shonibare, Archie, Wilson
Forwards: Trialist, Cresswell, Stretton, Duncan

The U18s squad is equally as small:

Goalkeepers: Roberts, Randle
Defenders: Bardell, Solomon, Jinkinson, Rutt, Christie, Grewal-Pollard
Midfielders: Aghatise, Matthews, Rogers, SThompson, Preez de Gracia, Ibrahim
Wingers: Borkovic, Williams, Caprani, Brailsford
Forwards: Cybulski

Thanks, I did wonder and thought it was bigger. Thanks for clarifying ??

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We do seem to be going back to the days of McClaren when we signed a load of 20 yr olds for our reserve team .  Remember we had a winger from Athletico Madrid who'd been in and around there first team but not quite made it .

He looked quite handy .  

Ivan Calero, had high hopes for him but it never quite took off. Played for Sparta Rotterdam, Numancia and currently at Malaga. Played a few games for Burton Albion too, but wasn't to be in England for the lad.

Probably a Wassall signing, not Cocu. Decent enough recruitment for me, imagine it's 10s of thousands at most not an expensive signing.

Under 23s are light on the left with Whittaker and Buchanan in the first team squad, Archie covering left back and Mitchell-Lawson loaned out. Got Shonibare and Wilson who can play there but at Everton we ended up with Cresswell and then Ibrahim playing out of position. It's just about staying competitive. Under 23s need to be in a relatively strong team to progress and we have plundered it a lot lately.

PS. How do I get rid of an accidental quote box?

2 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Ivan Calero, had high hopes for him but it never quite took off. Played for Sparta Rotterdam, Numancia and currently at Malaga. Played a few games for Burton Albion too, but wasn't to be in England for the lad.

That was back in the days when our youth recruitment looked a bit like playing Football Manager and signing all the U18 cast offs who didn't make the grade at bigger clubs to see if any of them stick...

2 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Served him back when I worked at CeX in town. He bought the most battered (and therefore cheapest) iPhone we had in the shop. 

It was just after he scored that wonder goal in the cup against Charlton(?) too.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Welcome to Derby Isaac, another big signing for the U23’s.

A big signing you say. What in the last 48 hours has convinced you of that when on Wednesday evening you seemed a tad underwhelmed:

Hmmm... not convinced by this one. It’s a big step up from league two to the championship, I’m not sure he’ll be ready given the numbers he’s produced so far. Not sure we need a third winger this window either?

Just now, i-Ram said:

A big signing you say. What in the last 48 hours has convinced you of that when on Wednesday evening you seemed a tad underwhelmed:

Hmmm... not convinced by this one. It’s a big step up from league two to the championship, I’m not sure he’ll be ready given the numbers he’s produced so far. Not sure we need a third winger this window either?

Played well tonight. Can't lose value, surely.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Good signing for the U23’s, I initially thought he was for the first team, which I didn’t think he’d be ready for. Not sure that’s difficult to understand 

Archived