Isaac Hutchinson - signed on a 2-year deal

tomsdubs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Or we are signing a player we believe has potential, to play in the under 23’s to develop....

No idea, I just pointed out that from what I've read from people that have watched him he isn't going to be missed.........by Southend

25 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

No idea, I just pointed out that from what I've read from people that have watched him he isn't going to be missed.........by Southend

I was intrigued so went and signed up for Shrimper Zone to see what they were saying....no I don’t have a life ?

There are those who simply say he’s poo, and hate him because of something his dad seems to have done/said.

The more detailed/intelligent posts say, he’s comfortable on the ball and has potential, but has struggled in a young struggling team, especially this season after being moved from the wing to defensive midfielder....which a strange move. 

He has shown his ability with some good performances, but not regularly in a struggling team.

Like any team, the view you can get of a player from opposition fans, can greatly differ depending on the fan.

Sounds like a decent prospect for the u23s, with some league experience under his belt. Whether he ever develops to be good enough for our first team, only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Hmmm... not convinced by this one. It’s a big step up from league two to the championship, I’m not sure he’ll be ready given the numbers he’s produced so far. Not sure we need a third winger this window either?

Yep, always a challenge for LG 2/SPL players to make such a big step up but you never know...could be the next Stevie May ?

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

I was intrigued so went and signed up for Shrimper Zone to see what they were saying....no I don’t have a life ?

There are those who simply say he’s poo, and hate him because of something his dad seems to have done/said.

The more detailed/intelligent posts say, he’s comfortable on the ball and has potential, but has struggled in a young struggling team, especially this season after being moved from the wing to defensive midfielder....which a strange move. 

He has shown his ability with some good performances, but not regularly in a struggling team.

Like any team, the view you can get of a player from opposition fans, can greatly differ depending on the fan.

Sounds like a decent prospect for the u23s, with some league experience under his belt. Whether he ever develops to be good enough for our first team, only time will tell.

Fair play you checking that out......I was just going by the few comments I'd read on someone's Twitter account

This sounds like the Evans signing when Lampard had seen a young player coming through the ranks at his own club and saw enough to want to sign him. In this case I'm presuming Rosenior knows the lad from Brighton. What is invaluable is that he'll know he's a good character and hard worker. And that he'll have ability. Someone embedded in a club can do that much better than scouts or recruiters as they will have seen so much more of the player - it's like "insider training".

Evans is a useful squad player and may yet turn into a fine ball-playing centre half. This is another of those "low risk, potential high reward) signings that this window seems to be full of. It's good Mel's not frittering money away. Quite happy with this and will watch with interest how the lad does.

A bit of digging seems to suggest that he was highly thought of as a talented prospect coming through. No idea what transpired at Brighton, but he left there and could've joined Sparta Prague. However, he obviously liked the idea of playing games and joined Southend. 

Fans, by and large, appreciate that he's got some ability but sounds like he's had a pretty tough time of it. I suspect that he will be joining our U23 side and won't be troubling the first team - at least for the immediate future. It's worth noting that Ipswich fans raved about his performance against them last year and it's the game he got his goal. Not a complete dud, but sounds like he's got some work to do. 

Archived