Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

6 hours ago, Macintosh said:

I can understand why we were not able to offer Chris Martin the two year contract he wanted and that is over and done with. But to even consider bringing Austin here would be crazy.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.26.36.jpg

£2.7 million a year. Wowsers. Villa scraped out of bottom three last year. They have now got Ross Barckley in loan. We are light years off the Premier League. Madness wages. Monopoly money. Enjoy the Championship for the moment.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

£2.7 million a year. Wowsers. Villa scraped out of bottom three last year. They have now got Ross Barckley in loan. We are light years off the Premier League. Madness wages. Monopoly money. Enjoy the Championship for the moment.

Baggies fan that I know said it was rumoured to be £70k a week after promotion, hence why they’re desperate to get him offloaded. As with any contract, I’m not sure how he or anyone would know, but these things tend to get found out. 

5 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

If Pearson or Clement were manager we’d snatch their hand off.

Don’t even think about it Derby,I’d rather sign Robson Kanu just for the meltdown.

If Clement were the manager we'd probably pay £6m on deadline day for the pleasure.

Don't even think about it Derby, I'd rather sign Bryan Robson and Nwankwo Kanu.

22 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Oh, oh, I know the answer to this.  It's the lad who was at Derby last season.  Now what was his name....

...Paterson?

I see what you did there... 

... ducking Jamie ducking Paterson. Such a ducking bamford 

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Whilst I do prefer the idea of signing a prolific goal scorer over a Bundesliga 2. player, signing a 31 year old striker on large wages after releasing a 31 year old striker on large wages... Where’s the thought process there? 

Doesn’t mean we’d pick up his entire wages when he’s on loan. 

We can only speculate on wages. We might only pay 10k and WBA pay the rest, or we could be paying 30k or more. Either way its just guess work at the moment unless a deal is done and the terms made public.

If we can get Dursun and Austin I’d be happy. Proven goal scorer and don’t get what the whole he’s too old is all about, he’s 31. Pretty sure that other striker we had was the same age, Chris something? I quite like the sound of Ibe and Lawrence on the wing, and Austin up front.

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Which they probably never will be! Still, everyone will fully think we’re paying the full alleged wage no matter what the truths are. 

Yep.

Who ever we sign the poor bloke is on a hiding to nothing anyway.

I fully expect any new striker we sign will be up against it from the very first minute of their first game and will be seen forever as a "replacement" and one that isn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

If we can get Durson and Austin I’d be happy. Proven goal scorer and don’t get what the whole he’s too old is all about, he’s 31. Pretty sure that other striker we had was the same age, Chris something? I quite like the sound of Ibe and Lawrence on the wing, and Austin up front.

I think we made a mistake letting Chris go.

just saying ???

12 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Whilst I do prefer the idea of signing a prolific goal scorer over a Bundesliga 2. player, signing a 31 year old striker on large wages after releasing a 31 year old striker on large wages... Where’s the thought process there? 

It appears that Derby have learned nothing!

3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Or, having bombed Marriott out at half time last week, we may have decided we need 2 new strikers? Time will tell.

With it being a short term deal could it be till January we then pick up Dursan for next to nothing then

Archived