Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

He might be on 70 grand a week at West Brom but we’ll only be paying a percentage of that to him. Say if we paid him 30 grand a week, West Brom would fulfil the rest of his wages and save 30 grand a week on him. 

I'd start to despair if we paid Charlie Austin 30k a week. Have we learned nothing?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rampant said:

I'd start to despair if we paid Charlie Austin 30k a week. Have we learned nothing?

Only used that figure as an example, however I’d be surprised if West Brom would entertain much less, it’s got to be worth their while as well, I don’t think they’d go for anything under 20 grand a week saving to be honest.

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If that’s a good estimate, it will cost less than 1 million until the end of the season. He will score a shed load at this level, well worth the investment.

Serious question - have you watched Charlie Austin recently with the remark that he'll score shed loads? 

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Well his time at Bristol will show us. I know all about his illness as I have also suffered from it. My point is having Charlie Austin on high wages when we have got rid of Chris Martin who would have been on lesser wages didn't make sense.

It does if he can play every game. If he can’t then we can’t afford to offer him a two year deal in case he spends a year out with symptoms, or we have 3 tough games in a week and need to play him. It’s not fair on us or him. 

45 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Surely people on here must realise that there is a lot of issues concerning contracts and transfers that are never brought to light. It’s pointless talking about CM on lower wages than Austin etc when none of us know anything about it. 

People need to remember that rational logical thought have no place in a thread when there's completely unreasonable foaming outrage to be maintained ?

19 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Only used that figure as an example, however I’d be surprised if West Brom would entertain much less, it’s got to be worth their while as well, I don’t think they’d go for anything under 20 grand a week saving to be honest.

Oh yes they will - covid championship clubs with no income 

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If we sign him I’ll wager 10 bob that he out scores CM by the end of the season. CM may do him on assists I’ll give you that.

So you mean to say, you haven't watched him then. Martin will score more, and be better over the entire season. 

Just now, Longeatonram2020 said:

Austin through his career has been far more prolific than Martin. So I wouldn’t be so sure. 

Between 2012 and 2016. He's been declining ever since then. Last season he got 5 goals in open play. This is not prolific. 

So as of yesterday according to Nicholson we hadn’t asked about Austin, in the next 11 days till the nrxt deadline I think we will see 2/3 strikers pop up available for loan that we will move for, can see us signing Davis, one player likely to come available and one we’ve asked about

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So you mean to say, you haven't watched him then. Martin will score more, and be better over the entire season. 

It’s all down to opinions. I’ve followed his career fairly closely, as I live in the South West and watched him at Poole Town several times. I agree with you that he hasn’t set the world alight at the Baggies, but they obviously rated him when signing him for 4 million just over a year ago. If we sign him, and get him really fit and motivated he will fire us up the league. He’s been in the England squad a while back and only just turned 31, worth signing in my opinion. I also rate Chrissy, but it’s time to move on...........

Archived