Is winning everything.

24Charlie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/09/2020 at 19:13, 24Charlie said:

We generally don't win anything but we still turn up. We scoff at the glory hunters who don't know the agony of relegation or the elation of a play off win. But they are the ones missing out.

Not winning is vital to knowing how good winning can be.

I think I am a similar vintage supporter as you, but increasingly I have a different view.

Your sentiments as a supporter are admirable, but I am at a stage where I can't agree when applied to the club.

We can scoff all we like at 'glory hunters', and feel noble about relishing our few wins, but everyone else thinks we are mugs. I don't get the impression that Man City, Liverpool (the two top of the heap clubs), Villa (survived and now doing well) and Leicester (preeminent Midlands club now) fans are 'missing out.'

'Not winning is vital to knowing how good winning can be' - nah, its just losing.

TBH in my heart of hearts I don't feel like we have won anything since 2007, we are nearly men and first losers.  We should have had a return to the Promised Land since then, even if we were in the Champ right now. I think if Bournemouth can do it we can have a stint.

There will be no agony/ecstacy if we get relegated, just tumbleweed. We don't want to flirt with it.

Sorry, seems like I have given you both barrels but I had to put that out  there. I just think we are ****** great supporters and deserve better.

Archived