Cocu or Rowett

Curtains

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think I will wait and see if that's the case....hopefully we will be but in not predicting anything as I havent really got anything to base that belief on yet.

Certainly there will be no excuses if our performance doesn't dramatically improve with the full hand of players he should have by then.

If we are are doing well then everyone will be happy.

Of course I agree.   Wayne is not quite fit yet after a back injury either .

Saturday against Norwich will be tough and if we lose the forum will go into meltdown again.  

I think the International break could be good for Cocu and Derby 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

How much last season was due to Rooney, pre lockdown success, post lockdown failure?

Well Wayne has been struggling also with injury this season. 

Unfortunatly the squad has been a bit threadbare and like I say after Norwich the International break will be a blessing for Derby

52 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Nothing alike. Mac was penetrative attack and quick development of the ball. Tempo was his keyword. 

Cocu is possession, patience, counter-attack, possibly playing for 1-0. Ball to feet. Boring. 

I don’t think macca would bring off our only striker when we are losing and replace him with a defensive midfielder! 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Of course I agree.   Wayne is not quite fit yet after a back injury either .

Saturday against Norwich will be tough and if we lose the forum will go into meltdown again.  

I think the International break could be good for Cocu and Derby 

I thinks it's understandable mate,we are all truly miserable after a loss and when we have had one win in 12, if we lose to Norwich,it's easy to lose that loving feeling.

I hope that a lot can be resolved during the break and we are cracking on afterwards ?

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

How much last season was due to Rooney, pre lockdown success, post lockdown failure?

200% is the answer you want to hear

150% is the answer you'll applaud

100% is the answer you'll like

80% is the answer you'll generally agree with

50% is the answer you'll begrudgingly accept

30% is the answer you'll diregard

20% is the answer you'll scoff at

Anything less than 20% is the answer you'll ridicule

*by you, I don't specifically mean you, aka Spanish

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I thinks it's understandable mate,we are all truly miserable after a loss and when we have had one win in 12, if we lose to Norwich,it's easy to lose that loving feeling.

I hope that a lot can be resolved during the break and we are cracking on afterwards ?

I’m not too down about playing Norwich as I think the lads will be up for it. 

20 minutes ago, MauritianMonsta said:

You lot are tapped ? no chance I would have Rowett, results are not, I would much rather watch my football club - at least try to play football attractively and recruit younger players based on stats from across europe etc.

Mid table and building over Playoffs and brexit style football.

What is brexit style football ? I have no idea what that means.

Last year we were mid table and were potentially building, although the poor play over the last five games was alarming.  . This year it appears someone forget to underpin the building and we're subsiding.

In what way are we playing football attractively.  I haven't seen any fast flowing twenty passes put together from defence to attack with a scintillating goal,  followed by naivety and an unfortunate defeat. I would accept if not happy about it.  It's boring, slow and hugely predictable.

In Rowetts first full season we scored more than three goals in 11 games, not sure where this imaginary side was that played like John Becks Cambridge 91 team.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What is brexit style football ? I have no idea what that means.

Last year we were mid table and were potentially building, although the poor play over the last five games was alarming.  . This year it appears someone forget to underpin the building and we're subsiding.

In what way are we playing football attractively.  I haven't seen any fast flowing twenty passes put together from defence to attack with a scintillating goal,  followed by naivety and an unfortunate defeat. I would accept if not happy about it.  It's boring, slow and hugely predictable.

In Rowetts first full season we scored more than three goals in 11 games, not sure where this imaginary side was that played like John Becks Cambridge 91 team.

Yes but I'm also liking the whole plan is what im saying way more with Cocu compared to Rowett.

The whole plan consists of many things;

- Recruitment

- Pathway to first team (Hughes being sold)

and many other factors

I am happy to go through short term pain in order to try and get some long term gain.

I also understand there comes a time when results need to pick up THERE AND THEN,

I personally think we'll lose to Norwich and Watford but still wouldn't sack Cocu.

I also take into account that the strings of unfortunate events that ha followed Cocu has been comical.

I don't know how Rowett will have done if Vydra did his ACL (Bielik reference), Keogh getting sacked and all the other factors.

The bigger picture i am happier with Cocu.

Funny enough this is the happiest I've been with player recruitment for a while. Not turning us into one of the averagely oldest team in Europe and playing poo house long ball.

I just hope it clicks sooner rather than later.

Let's stay off Cocu s back and give the guy a chance,if the job was that bloody easy we wouldn't have gone through so many managers in the last 5 years. Loads of shut has happened off the pitch and behind the scenes,recruiting players and getting rid of dead wood has been an achievement within itself.Take into account embargos, Keogh gate, injuries ,covid , stabbings , we make  eastenders look like a Mary popping film.

Cocu  is experienced level headed and is implementing structures which will benefit the club longterm. The introduction of academy players, his latest signings ,the players let go. All suggest the guy is finally having an influence .

I am sure due to injuries his reliance on academy players wouldn't have be so great and have been detrimental to performances

My only critism  would be he doesn't appear very charismatic ,however English is his second language and we are not privvy to what is said and his effectiveness in the dressing room.

8 hours ago, Coconut said:

200% is the answer you want to hear

150% is the answer you'll applaud

100% is the answer you'll like

80% is the answer you'll generally agree with

50% is the answer you'll begrudgingly accept

30% is the answer you'll diregard

20% is the answer you'll scoff at

Anything less than 20% is the answer you'll ridicule

*by you, I don't specifically mean you, aka Spanish

I don’t think you should tar the doubters with the same brush.  Most seem to have a similar view, I am not convinced he has done enough to get the support he is getting.  Trying not to be rude but he strikes me as a sort of sergeant Wilson character, nice but ineffective.  Most who support him recognised ‘He has brought youth through’ but in these circumstances I don’t think it was even a choice.  Now they are here I am worried that their form, their joy, is evaporating.  I don’t see him being sacked for financial reasons so 18th will get him safe.  I hope that the pro cocu guys are right and he is a football genius delivering total football and then you can all tell me I was wrong.  I won’t be showing my bum in burton’s window though

Have to say there’s an awful lot of revisionism in football.

Performances under Rowett were awful. So so bad but he managed to get Vydra firing and we leaned heavily on him. 

Performances aren’t good at all right now but give me the football we played in that 6-8 game purple patch last year over aimless Mike Bassett in flash trainers. 

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Have to say there’s an awful lot of revisionism in football.

Performances under Rowett were awful. So so bad but he managed to get Vydra firing and we leaned heavily on him. 

Performances aren’t good at all right now but give me the football we played in that 6-8 game purple patch last year over aimless Mike Bassett in flash trainers. 

???

Just because we set up defensively, doesn't mean that was Rowett-esque:

• Rowett didn't use youth- Buchanan and Knight were standout performers today, Whittaker made a big impact when he came on
  • Rowett only used 4231. Our departure to 523 (343) today was a plan-B, something we severely lacked under Gary
  • Our fullbacks weren't attacking under Rowett whereas Buchanan and Byrne were critical today

Archived