Cocu in!

DCFC27

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You've answered your own question! ?

Because he can do the major rebuilding programme while at the same time getting the team of non-injured squad and academy players performing scintillating football and chalking up wins.

Realism <-----------------------------------------------------------> "Cocu outers"

(far apart)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh the knee jerking is a bit OTT at the moment

Also worth remembering that this is a manager who stuck with us through last season - Having to start his pre-season late because the previous manager was more interested in holiday / negotiating his new contract than giving us time with our new manager, Players drink-driving because of a 'lads/mates' culture which seems to have been the previous managers way of working, Losing the Captain to his own stupid mistake, Mostly no money to spend, Requirement to cut players, a hodge-podge team of 5 previous managers signings, pressure from a previous season of over-achievement fuelled by loans, an EFL investigation hanging over us, every team in the league seemingly out for our blood and a transfer embargo which affected 2 transfer windows

It hasn't been a great start but last season Cocu put up with a lot from our club, board and players - Time to repay the patience he's shown the club with a bit of patience for him

Couldn't agree more CHEERS! ??

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sorry the second para doesn't follow on from the first. If anything it means Cocu needs to change his style! ?

I would rather have a few years off the playoffs than waste money on journeymen and expensive loans personally. But i understand people have a shorter view and would rather have playoffs every year than a stronger foundation at the club , each to their own ?? 

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Because he can do the major rebuilding programme while at the same time getting the team of non-injured squad and academy players performing scintillating football and chalking up wins.

Realism <-----------------------------------------------------------> "Cocu outers"

(far apart)

The bit in bold is where your theory becomes shaky - what exactly have you based it on that is relevant to Derby playing in the Championship?

That's why there's questions being asked. 

2 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

But i understand people have a shorter view and would rather have playoffs every year than a stronger foundation at the club , each to their own ?? 

Again the two are not incompatible. It is the currently accepted view by many because we didn't succeed when we had the opportunity. It is not a proven guarantee of anything in football. There are plenty of examples of teams 'rising and falling' and they will not all have the same model. ? ?

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Another month like we've just had and we could be two months into the season without a win and cut away at the bottom of the league. It would obviously lead to very difficult questions and possibly a sacking.

It would definitely lead to a sacking.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Are you his PR agent perchance. Whatever you've alluded to in your post isn't translating into reality so I take it all with a pinch of salt. And as soon as you mention Nigel Clough as the next manager then it removes any semblance of credence whatsoever from your post. 

To be clear I am referring to Cocu potentially playing the same role as Nigel Clough did for us.  Provided us with a club with a sound base to push on from. I am not suggesting NC gets the job next.  

6 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

i understand people have a shorter view and would rather have playoffs every year than a stronger foundation at the club

Of course I would because football is about winning and being successful not being utter poo for 4 years then selling the academy players anyway

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

This is getting ridiculous now, the performances aren’t good enough but why on earth would anyone consider sacking him after he’s brought 7 new players in this season?

1) Why are people happy with his signings but don’t want to give him time to bed them in?! The squad is completely different to the one we had 12 months ago...

2) We are 3 games in... 3! Jesus Mary and Joseph give the guy until at least the back end of November before we call for his head. I bet everyone slating him on here are the same flip flop supporters that thought he was fantastic after January but wanted him sacked this time last year. 

He’s not a 1 season wonder manager, he’s a manager with a plan for the club as a whole, with a process to embed and philosophy to build, it might be a painful couple of seasons but where has going through managers like we have done got us in the past. Even if he doesn’t get us up himself, at least with Cocu he will leave the club better than he found it and the next manager might have a better chance. Nigel Clough springs to mind. 

...but...but...but....he happened to be the manager when Chris Martin decided to leave the club.

Unforgivable.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

You don't think he'll go if we're 10 games in and 0 points on the board?

Not 100% sure, Mel isn't as trigger happy as some think, and if there were signs of progress (although no points) and Cocu didn't get chummy and laugh with opposing managers, then I think Mel might hold off.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The bit in bold is where your theory becomes shaky - what exactly have you based it on that is relevant to Derby playing in the Championship?

That's why there's questions being asked. 

This was in regard to: Because he can do the major rebuilding programme

We know that Chris Martin turned down the offer of a new contract and that has upset you (and me - he would be great in this side) but, aside from him, the sale of the fullbacks was necessary in order to wheel and deal. The majority of people have been pleased with the new signings. Though some of the academy players had made the occasional appearances, most people agree that Cocu's method of introducing them is for their benefit and the club's.

Do you not give him any credit for that rebuilding programme?

I think you are set on being negative now just for the sake of it.

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Of course I would because football is about winning and being successful not being utter poo for 4 years then selling the academy players anyway

Who says we would be "Poo" for 4 years >? It might not be fantastic for some of this year but that spell after xmas last season showed me that the future is bright when it clicks ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not 100% sure, Mel isn't as trigger happy as some think, and if there were signs of progress (although no points) and Cocu didn't get chummy and laugh with opposing managers, then I think Mel might hold off.

He'll be forced out by the fans. No points in 10 games and his position becomes untenable. If there were real signs of progress the wins would come pretty quickly.

I'm wanting to give this as much of a chance to work as possible. 

But it's been a very poor start to the season. 

At the end of the last season we did play and lose to all the top teams in a short space of time, showing us where we were at. However, we all thought and hoped we'd be starting this season a bit further into the project and be starting to look better at it. But it's looked and felt so bad these three games. 

It needs to click soon, or at the very least show signs that it's going to work.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

That's the hope

Fingers crossed , we can get players currently out back from injury soon + a couple of good signings , then we might see better football ( ps im not saying its good now i nearly threw my tv remote at the screen when the 3rd goal went in on saturday ) . Lawrence , waghorn & bielik will make a big difference to how we play IMO

20 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

He'll be forced out by the fans. No points in 10 games and his position becomes untenable. If there were real signs of progress the wins would come pretty quickly.

How will he be forced out by the fans? Boycott games? Cocu out banners at the match? Or chuntering on Social media?

17 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Fingers crossed , we can get players currently out back from injury soon + a couple of good signings , then we might see better football ( ps im not saying its good now i nearly threw my tv remote at the screen when the 3rd goal went in on saturday ) . Lawrence , waghorn & bielik will make a big difference to how we play IMO

That's the whole problem with the current situation though isn't it. You're basing your whole faith in the manager on luck and chance and his ability to get the side performing to an acceptable standard is somehow totally detached from his sphere of influence. It's not it's totally within his gift and he needs to start proving it very quickly. 

At least Cocu doesn't come on after another defeat and bemoan his luck after a game which is to his credit. Or maybe he doesn't believe that luck has anything to do with the current situation?

Archived