Waiting to click

Taribo

19 hours ago, Van Rammeister said:

If we’d lost 3 games in a row mid season and were sat in say, 10th place, would the calls for Cocu’s head be as loud as they are currently?

I don’t believe so.

No but the warning signs have been there for a while. Back end of last season we were shocking, only one win in pre season and scraped past non League barrow in the cup.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Jayram said:

This belief that the likes of Waggy, Lawrence and Bielik are the key to our situation turning round is not based in reality. All of them played for Cocu last season without pulling up any trees on occasion. He has to get much more out of the players he has now, like good managers do. Those three coming back in will then be the icing on the cake, not the salvation of our season people seem to think they will be.

They're going to help and it should give us enough for mid table.  Cant see it will get us playing expansive exciting football though.  At least it will the chance to our youngsters to get out of the firing line and return to playing fun football with u23.  I am quite worried we are damaging them by exposing them so thoroughly to bad times at such an early stage

41 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'd agree with the OP that we will be in a much better place but I'm not sure this is anywhere near a promotion chasing side and all the personnel in the world doesn't cover the point that we aren't playing a style of football that will win us matches.

• One out of Duncan, Ibe and Joz will be a good un. Hopefully two, dream for three.
  • Lawrence has shown that you might like him but you can't really call him pivotal to the team. Flashes of class but nothing that will carry you more than half a game, never mind a season.
  • Bielik and Waghorn are definitely going to improve the team, if only to bring a bit of bovva. 
  • Holmes also if he can get back to where he was last season.
  • MTW we can do little but hope, like many have said he was an Erividesie captain so the hope is he just needs to learn our game.
  • Marriott - sorry, I don't think there is a Championship footballer in there. To requote, his strike rate is currently worse than Derek Hales (OK, many sub appearances, long term injury, but still) and I just don't see the footballing intelligence needed at this level. My view, but I don't have too much in the way of hope there.

Whilst you think to yourself (on a positive day) that yeah when they're fit and firing we're away, a little voice in the back of your brain says...but remember (after more than a season to show it) how Cocu has switched players about and dropped them when playing well? The odd choices he makes...

So I'm still not entirely convinced that even if your 'wishlist' comes true we will rise up to the promised land! ? 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

No but the warning signs have been there for a while. Back end of last season we were shocking, only one win in pre season and scraped past non League barrow in the cup.

Barrow are league 2 - that the real Barrow (you have to say it in a Jonathan Ross voice to get the effect)

Archived