Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

12 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

If he does join us, can you imagine the pressure that he’d be under if he didn’t score in the first half dozen games?

We need more than one new striker. 

Totally agree that buying one striker is not enough. Especially if this type of player is key to the way we play then we really need a back up in a similar mold as well.  Especially as out luck with injuries, illness and stabbings is not good ?

Edited by RammingStone66
More information

Do we know if we are even still in for him. I'mguessing he will hold out to see what offers he gets, if his season continues going well there is no guarantee we could afford him or he may choose a club in a better position than us.

I remember people saying we were going to sign him a few days after the deadline but that never happened

On 29/11/2020 at 14:45, r_wilcockson said:

Ryan Conway reporting on his live feed yesterday that we're still in expected to be in for him in January despite Cocu going. 

That’s strange seeing as how we don’t even know who the new manager will be and if it’s his type off player! I’d much prefer the manager having an input into potential signings.

10 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

That’s strange seeing as how we don’t even know who the new manager will be and if it’s his type off player! I’d much prefer the manager having an input into potential signings.

Exactly right.  This is why the club needs to pull it's finger out, get the takeover concluded , and appoint the new manager, if it's not going to be Wayne.

10 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I guess this goes with Mac now carrying the director of football tag and having the biggest say on transfers? 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

The FA have scuppered this one in January as I said they would 

the price of our young ones has just doubled as well 

Looks like it. Of course this was the chance with Brexit but you'd have thought that a player worthy of a salary of say 300-500k in the country hes coming to would be deemed good enough to earn the right to work here.

I wonder what the rules will be for British people going abroad. 

Looking at the post brexit criteria, I don’t think he’ll acquire enough points.

Bundesliga2 will give a maximum of 12 points if he plays 90-100% of matches in the last year.

As he’ll need 15, it will mean he needs to play in a European cup competition or get international caps.

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Looking at the post brexit criteria, I don’t think he’ll acquire enough points.

Bundesliga2 will give a maximum of 12 points if he plays 90-100% of matches in the last year.

As he’ll need 15, it will mean he needs to play in a European cup competition or get international caps.

Wow that's depressing isn't it. We finally start looking abroad, just as the rules tighten and being able to bring in foreign talent gets harder for clubs without many millions at its disposal. Those with the money can buy the guys with international caps. Just seems to protect the Prem clubs even more lol

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It would be so Derby if we're now contractually obliged to buy him, even though we couldn't play him.

Assuming the contract (pre-contractual agreement) was signed before the restrictions, maybe it is another cunning loophole Mel has found to wind up Gibson further?!

2 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

Wow that's depressing isn't it. We finally start looking abroad, just as the rules tighten and being able to bring in foreign talent gets harder for clubs without many millions at its disposal. Those with the money can buy the guys with international caps. Just seems to protect the Prem clubs even more lol

Well Brentford would still be in the 3rd division because 90% of all the up and coming players from Europe that they have acquired propelled them into a good side - that route will be shut down for them come January