Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

44 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we already have a deal in place we have no worries.

I don’t see why would we have a deal in place, much as I might like there to be. They refused to sell to us because we didn’t meet the asking price and/or they didn’t have a replacement lined up. Even if we have already agreed to meet the current asking price in January, his club will want to see how the player performs up to January and, if he does well, there will be other clubs knocking at the door . If he does poorly or gets badly injured then we would want to walk away or try to renegotiate. All this assumes that the player still wants to come to us in January ( let’s hope our league position is much improved by then), that he doesn’t have his head turned by bigger clubs than us, and that his club sign a replacement.

4 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

I don’t see why would we have a deal in place, much as I might like there to be. They refused to sell to us because we didn’t meet the asking price and/or they didn’t have a replacement lined up. Even if we have already agreed to meet the current asking price in January, his club will want to see how the player performs up to January and, if he does well, there will be other clubs knocking at the door . If he does poorly or gets badly injured then we would want to walk away or try to renegotiate. All this assumes that the player still wants to come to us in January ( let’s hope our league position is much improved by then), that he doesn’t have his head turned by bigger clubs than us, and that his club sign a replacement.

Bigger than us  !!!!  How dare you

23 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

They could offer him a new contract

Had a phone call from my brother today, he was telling me that his mate, who has got inside connections with the club. Serdar Dursun is  a done deal and will be a Derby player in January.Got me thinking that with Jack Marriott loaned to Wednesday for the full season, but a clause that we could call him back in January. I wonder if this cover for us, if for some reason the deal is not concrete

8 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

So it could be a case of arise 'Ser Dursun' riding in from over the hill to save us from the doom, gloom and kill the 'specter' of relegation dead in the New Year. 

Oh happy dream

I think he could make the difference between a mid table side and a top six side. 

I'm confident we'll be around half way by Christmas.