Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

28 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Worth bearing in mind it's the government who set the rules on work permits. They are quite vague,but to get a work permit the employer needs to demonstrate that there is no British employee that could do the job to the same standard.

The FA then negotiated an interpretation of this with the government so it is based on number of international caps. Then clubs know where they stand... Safe in the knowledge they will be able to get a work permit if they meet the criteria.

The FA won't be able to change the rules without the agreement of the government. Even if the FA wanted to do that, I don't think it will be a priority for them given the covid and other Brexit stuff going on right now. 

My best guess is that the rules on international caps won't be changing for at least the next 2 transfer windows.

I 100% agree with you - it matches exactly what I've found whilst spend a few hours researching the topic. As things stand EU players will be treated the same as all other overseas players from Jan 1 unless the Government somehow performs the biggest U-turn in history and cut a deal where we remain in the Single Market. It's also legally dubious to treat EU citizens differently to non-EU ones, so any changes in the rules to favour European players are likely to face some serious legal challenges.

Yet, Steve Nicholson insists that club are still considering signing Dursun - who will not get a work permit. Do the club know something we don't? Or have the club missed something they should know? I would say that it's unlikely that the club wouldn't be on top of the rules, but I remember the Frank Fielding signing. That said, also a bit odd that Steve Nicholson hasn't mentioned anything.

I wonder if @Owen87ITK could shed any light?

52 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I 100% agree with you - it matches exactly what I've found whilst spend a few hours researching the topic. As things stand EU players will be treated the same as all other overseas players from Jan 1 unless the Government somehow performs the biggest U-turn in history and cut a deal where we remain in the Single Market. It's also legally dubious to treat EU citizens differently to non-EU ones, so any changes in the rules to favour European players are likely to face some serious legal challenges.

Yet, Steve Nicholson insists that club are still considering signing Dursun - who will not get a work permit. Do the club know something we don't? Or have the club missed something they should know? I would say that it's unlikely that the club wouldn't be on top of the rules, but I remember the Frank Fielding signing. That said, also a bit odd that Steve Nicholson hasn't mentioned anything.

I wonder if @Owen87ITK could shed any light?

The only thing I can think of is that there might be a fudge-it solution for this window where player could sign an employment contract on 31 Dec to take advantage of free movement, but the player registration piece happens on Jan 1st because that has to happen in the transfer window. 

If you think about it, that's kind of what happened with Rooney. We employed him, but he couldn't play for a couple of months.

23 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

We could get him for arund 500k if he is final year contract.

Im worried if he keeps scoring like this, they will try desperately to keep him, or raise his value even more , plus other clubs will be noticing him since weve made offers he is now on others radars 

1 hour ago, BodminRam said:

Im worried if he keeps scoring like this, they will try desperately to keep him, or raise his value even more , plus other clubs will be noticing him since weve made offers he is now on others radars 

How many goals in how many games. Out of contract at end of season so free then. Highest bidder at Xmas if club prepared to let him go then.