1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not really 

he’s not exactly our usual signing is he ... which for the record I applaud ... as Iv said numerous times now I’m intrigued to know why others closer to home haven’t taken him up at 28.

when we sign joswiak it’s more obvious, young international, potential etc etc Ditto Bielik , best years ahead of him room to improve etc etc 

Ditto Byrne... proven at this level , stats at this level to Back this up.

marshall, experiences at this level and above, solid pro, international ... free and cheap 

im just intrigued to know that’s all ... guess we’ll find out in due course

Ian Wright didn't grace the Premier league until the age of 26. Rickie Lambert joined Southampton at 27 the club at the time were in league one, the highest level he'd ever played at until that point. He went on to get a 4m move to Liverpool and made his England debut at the age of 31. Jamie Vardy at 24 was playing football in the 7th tier of the English leagues. There are plenty of other examples out there. Someone has to be the first to give a player a chance, why can't that be us?

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I get that but really it’s never know question unless he turns out to be totally useless ,to be fair there’s never been much big interest / bids on Martin but Derby fans that watched him knew he was a fair player ,it’s just one of those opinion things ,always thought vydra was a hard working player ,others thought he wasn’t and offered nothing to the team if not scoring, all we can do is wait and see if he signs we will either say ahhh that’s what our manager saw in him for our team or blame him for getting a dud

Fair comment bud

i wasnt writing Him off because of his age, where he’s come from etc .. Christ I wouldn’t be that naive ... seen too much football to know anyone can Be anything ... as I’m sure have most other Derby fans 

It’s exiting that we’re tying to be creative tbh 

1 hour ago, DcfcMatt said:

Ian Wright didn't grace the Premier league until the age of 26. Rickie Lambert joined Southampton at 27 the club at the time were in league one, the highest level he'd ever played at until that point. He went on to get a 4m move to Liverpool and made his England debut at the age of 31. Jamie Vardy at 24 was playing football in the 7th tier of the English leagues. There are plenty of other examples out there. Someone has to be the first to give a player a chance, why can't that be us?

Cos we don’t do that 😂😂😂

we just wait and pay big bucks lol

all I’m saying is I’m intrigued, it’s quite out of left field for us 

Would love us to get it right 

4 hours ago, Floppy Sausage said:

If we wanted to keep Chris Martin, we would have kept him. I don’t think he was ever going to be our number 1 striker this season and thus was offered a deal to reflect that.

This man looks quicker than Chris Martin, is taller, can tackle, use both feet and can dribble well. This is based on the highlights of 5 different videos I have watched. Even if he don't get 15 to 20 goals, he looks like a player that can put himself about. Keeping the opposition defence busy, could be the missing piece of the jigsaw. And with Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Bielik, Ibe to come in to the team I think things will get better.

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Fair comment bud

i wasnt writing Him off because of his age, where he’s come from etc .. Christ I wouldn’t be that naive ... seen too much football to know anyone can Be anything ... as I’m sure have most other Derby fans 

It’s exiting that we’re tying to be creative tbh 

Yep I agree , certainly feels like we are buying with a bit more thought and more imagination, the crux comes down to how well these players have been scouted

4 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

We'd need to have him signed today for there to be any chance of him playing on Sat due to international clearance etc. Also the fact that we have the early kick off sat not sure if he needs to be registered by Thursday 

The rules are midday the day before the game. Doesn't matter if you kick off at 12.00pm, 3.00pm or 7.45pm.

Edited by rynny
8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Didn't Cocu allude to us signing someone towards the end of the week? 

Perhaps we're waiting for payday! 

He certainly did 👍 ...  I still think there's a player coming in on loan aswel as another permanent signing 

Edited by neil62uk
11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

This man looks quicker than Chris Martin, is taller, can tackle, use both feet and can dribble well. This is based on the highlights of 5 different videos I have watched. Even if he don't get 15 to 20 goals, he looks like a player that can put himself about. Keeping the opposition defence busy, could be the missing piece of the jigsaw. And with Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Bielik, Ibe to come in to the team I think things will get better.

All this seems more likely than not but I think we are all a bit nervous to see what happens. We are playing with half our team perhaps. Looks like the Academy players will have to drop back. Much easier for them to play well in a good team than a struggling one.