New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly not going to be popular & i suggest him pretty much every time since mac 1 left but Big Sam. 

I just want to go up & im not really bothered how. We'd be organised. He's undeerated & his bolton side was entertaining. Its a myth he plays rubbish football. He plays to what he has. 

Id also take Howe. I like Hughton Brighton were very good in this division & he was a defensive in the prem but kept them up. 

Wouldn't even mind Cook as others have suggested. In the past people have suggested wassall & ive been well against it but id give him another go. 

Any of the 5 at the min for me im honestly not bothered because it can't possibly get worse 

Paul Cook definitely. What he did with Chesterfield and between Christmas and July with Wigan. He knows his onions and this league. A scouser that can work with Roo to organise the team and change the style of play. 

We had 64% possession yesterday and twice as many corners but what's the point when you defend like that and can't score? 

I might be living in a parallel universe, but wasn't the guy being hung, drawn and quartered today being lauded as a genius last week for his transfer dealings? 

I don't think our problems are tactical. I think they are mental. 

I don't see a team that goes onto the pitch fully-focused on doing everything possible to defeat the opposition. 

The Rooney effect has worn off. 

Cocu needs to decide why this squad cannot perform on a Saturday. Proper clear the air talks. 

No manager can do anything about the type of mistakes made yesterday. 

It was footballing suicide. 

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I might be living in a parallel universe, but wasn't the guy being hung, drawn and quartered today being lauded as a genius last week for his transfer dealings? 

I don't see a team that goes onto the pitch fully-focused on doing everything possible to defeat the opposition. 

Cocu needs to decide why this squad cannot perform on a Saturday. Proper clear the air talks. 

But it’s every game ?!

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Don’t think they’re tactical ?

what about his tactical decision to leave one of only two recognised championship centre halves in the bench 

worked a treat that didn’t it 

what about his tactical decision to play jack Marriott as a lone isolated striker 

his tactics to have his side play everything infront of the opposition and never let them look to play I to the channel or in behind where a striker like Marriott does his best work 

sorry mate totally disagree it’s totally tactical 

and if u still genuinely believe it’s mental well the buck still stops at Phil’s door 

he’s meant to motivate and inspire ???

how much inspiration or motivation have u seen in a Derby side this season or the pathetic acceptance of defeats back end of last season 

it’s not been good enough 

Derby lose games fact, always have always will

but there’s some very Basic fundamentals lacking from his sides application in games 

tempo, heart and desire are a bare minimum this season we’ve had none of it 

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Don’t think they’re tactical ?

what about his tactical decision to leave one of only two recognised championship centre halves in the bench 

worked a treat that didn’t it 

what about his tactical decision to play jack Marriott as a lone isolated striker 

his tactics to have his side play everything infront of the opposition and never let them look to play I to the channel or in behind where a striker like Marriott does his best work 

sorry mate totally disagree it’s totally tactical 

and if u still genuinely believe it’s mental well the buck still stops at Phil’s door 

he’s meant to motivate and inspire ???

how much inspiration or motivation have u seen in a Derby side this season or the pathetic acceptance of defeats back end of last season 

it’s not been good enough 

Derby lose games fact, always have always will

but there’s some very Basic fundamentals lacking from his sides application in games 

tempo, heart and desire are a bare minimum this season we’ve had none of it 

If players need someone to instil heart and desire they have no place in the team. 

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Paul Cook definitely. What he did with Chesterfield and between Christmas and July with Wigan. He knows his onions and this league. A scouser that can work with Roo to organise the team and change the style of play. 

We had 64% possession yesterday and twice as many corners but what's the point when you defend like that and can't score? 

Forget Rooney we need him out of our team he's taking corners and can't even beat the first man unbelievable  

Eddie howe

Chris Hughton

Paul Simpson 

Paul Cook 

Any of them 4 and I'd be happy 

I am not convinced the current squad, those currently available at least, are good enough. Having to play 4 or 5 academy players each game, the majority of whom are not quite ready, highlights this. I don’t think a new Manager would get much more out of them. I just hope things will improve with Waggers, Bielik and Lawrence back along with a fully fit Holmes and a couple of final additions to the squad. I am happy to give Cocu time to see if things then improve, maybe until Christmas, then make a decision. We surely can’t keep having a new Manager in every season can we ?

3 hours ago, RYRAM said:

Rooney? 

the man is bound to have his say on game will this undermine Phil and his approach to games. no more points in the next game or two maybe just maybe. 

It worked for Lampard and to a certain extent Scott Parker. He's got good footballing understanding. I'd give him a go as 'caretaker' manager and see how it went.

Archived