Norwich City Vs Derby County

Right, bugger it. My XI for today. 

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Bird Shinnie

Holmes Sibley Jozwiak

Marriott 

It's far from ideal because everyone at the top end of the pitch is about 5 foot 2 so maybe swap Marriott out for JHI or something. Until we get Waghorn and Bielik back we are going to look lightweight with our current squad. No way around it. Forsyth is only there because there is nobody else to play LB,Buchanan isn't ready and Shinnie is needed in midfield. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta
26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I can't shake a feeling that we're going to get smashed today and I hate feeling like this. My usual pre-match excitement is just not there 😔

Me too @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta ... I'm usually fairly optimistic, but I just can't see it happening 😞 The most worrying thing is I can't see where our next point/points are going to come from at the minute, looking at the fixture list. We could realistically still have zero points come the end of the month.

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

If we can get away from this attitude of starting off as raging bulls for the first ten minutes,

getting fooled by a sucker punch (or several!) while drawing breath in the next five minutes then:-

playing boring catch-up for the next 75 minutes against a team that reverts to brick wall defending and patiently waiting for the breakaway moments to put the game to bed.

The tide will turn.

Boringly predictable so far.

Time to break the mould!

COYR!

Giving away early goals seems to be the Derby Way these days. Did it under Lampard a lot as well, but his team scored a lot of goals to make up for it.

Having said that I am irrationally confident about today. I have know idea why, but think we are going to beat these today.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Giving away early goals seems to be the Derby Way these days. Did it under Lampard a lot as well, but his team scored a lot of goals to make up for it.

Having said that I am irrationally confident about today. I have know idea why, but think we are going to beat these today.

It's not as though we're facing Liverpool at anfield with a load of non-league players.

We're a team in poor form who have a few injuries and are still getting used to a couple of players.

We are capable of giving Norwich a game at least.

19 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The game was lost in five minutes of madness last week. We just need to stay in the game first half and get our tackles in. 

We might only get a few chances and we must take them.

An ugly win will do for me!

I think we will see an improved performance. Cocu has had his fingers burned by tinkering. I’m hoping that this now means no maverick team selections and we let players get used to one another.
I’m expecting him to drop bird and Sibley and probably keep Rooney, (not what I’d do) but whatever happens I think we will perform better. 

there was an interesting vibe in the interviews about needing to ensure new players are made welcome. I’m wondering if that was some reference with regards to Te Wierik. When we went to 3 at the back, I think he got Evans and te wierik the wrong way round. The key is to pick the preferred partnership and stick with it. If Te Wierik can’t get in the team then the recruitment is bound to be questioned. I would respect the decision if he stuck to his guns with Te wierik and Clarke.

we might still lose. But who knows? Marshall won’t want to lose on his old patch. We might fluke a penalty or a Free kick and come away with all three points. 

Feeling positive about today. I feel Positive before every game though. 

Im just hoping for a bit of fight. Close down off the ball, not give them any space, few hard tackles & not be bullied off the ball. 

I think we'd all take any sort of win nice scrappy 1-0 

I Keep changing my mind how I'd like to see us start but plumped for this. 3 at the back to nullify goal poacher Pukki getting space in the penalty box. Shinnie in for some bite and with Bird carrying a knock. Rooney further forward so he's not blowing out of his bum chasing back if he loses it. If its not working for him he's only got to look at our bench with Sibley, Holmes, and Whitaker chomping at the bit to take his place and change the game. 

Marshall 

Wisdom  Evans  Clarke

Byrne             Shinnie           Forsyth 

Knight.  Rooney. Jozwaik. 

Marriott

Subs: Roos, Te Wierik, Buchanan, Holmes, Sibley, Bird, Whitaker. 

COYR 🐏🐏🐏